Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 xterra a/c condensation problem? Forums > > 2008 xterra a/c condensation problem? 2008 xterra a/c condensation problem?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 AM
2008 Xterra
2005 Frontier Crew Cab

Default 2008 xterra a/c condensation problem?

Hello, I have a 08 nissan xterra and just got back from a long trip approx 32 hours of driving there and back and noticed that my passenger side floormat (rubber all weather) has water in it. I noticed it both ways and thought it may have just been the humidity but it did it on the way back also. It was coming from under the dash by the glovebox, but it is still leaking outside so the drain isn't stopped up. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I plan on taking it to the dealership sometime but they are approx 3 hours away from me and wanted to have a heads up if someone else went through this. It isn't a huge amount of water but enough to fill several grooves in the floormat. It does have the in cabin air filter in it also if this makes a difference.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 AM
2015 Rogue

The drain hose gouing through the firewall is too short so some water makes it out and somes makes it in. It can be fixed by removing the drain hose portion in the engine compatment and adding a rubber hose directly to the nipple on the a/c drain.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:57 PM
helofixer

There is a TSB that addresses this issue.

NTB07-091
you can find it on here:
Knowledgebase - 2007 Xterra - Nissanhelp.com

Tags
2008, a or c, condensation, problem, xterra