Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
no start xterra Forums > > no start xterra no start xterra
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 03-09-2008, 12:13 PM
alico1112000

Default no start xterra

please help. my 02 xterra has given me no problems until the other night. it was on empty i put 5 gallons in and drove to work . I started the truck and waited ten minutes to warm up . went out to go home and it stalled then i started it and it ran and then stalled again. i parked it inside work and next morning went to start and i cranked now wont even start. I have spark, i check fuse, pulled fuel pump access panel to listen if pump was coming on can not here it coming on. also checked fuel line on the fuel rail and tried cranking no fuel coming out, im assuming the fuel pump is bad. but before i buy one can someone help please not sure. only 60000 on truck
Old 03-09-2008, 12:15 PM
alico1112000

Default no start xterra

please help. my 02 xterra has given me no problems until the other night. it was on empty i put 5 gallons in and drove to work . I started the truck and waited ten minutes to warm up . went out to go home and it stalled then i started it and it ran and then stalled again. i parked it inside work and next morning went to start and i cranked now wont even start. I have spark, i check fuse, pulled fuel pump access panel to listen if pump was coming on can not here it coming on. also checked fuel line on the fuel rail and tried cranking no fuel coming out, im assuming the fuel pump is bad. but before i buy one can someone help please not sure. only 60000 on truck
Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
alico1112000

Default x terra no start help please

Old 03-09-2008, 12:54 PM
98MAXSE

this is a pretty tough one. you could have a intake gasket leak, vacuum leak etc...

I recommend paying the $100 fee to have it diagnosed at a shop. From there you can figure out if it's worth doing the job your self.

Is your CEL on? If so, have you had it read by OBD II?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:16 PM
2015 Rogue

If the fuel pump is not turning on you probably have corrosion in the fuel sending unit connector. It is very common. Try wiggling the connectors on the sending unit and then try restarting the truck. There was a recall for this.

1999-2003 NISSAN FRONTIER, 2000-2003 XTERRA; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN FUEL SENDING UNIT
Nissan has determined that some 1999-2003 model year Nissan Frontier vehicles, equipped with the 6 cylinder engine and 2000-2003 model year Nissan Xterra vehicles, equipped with the 4 and 6 cylinder engine may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. There is a possibility that the fuel pump terminal on the fuel-sending unit may develop a crack in its plastic molding which could cause the terminal strip to corrode under some environmental conditions. If corrosion occurs, the terminal strip could eventually break. This will cause the fuel pump to stop operating and will result in not being able to start the engine or cause the engine to stop running without warning during vehicle operation, which could result in a crash. To prevent this condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign to replace or repair the fuel-sending unit.
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowl.../jump/1387/404
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
alico1112000

this truck was in texas most of its life then to vermont for four months . the terminals on sending unit look in good shape. will the dealer cover this if i bring it there for the sending unit i cant get it to start .
Old 03-09-2008, 03:42 PM
alico1112000

i checked the terminals they are in very good shape

Tags
start, xterra