Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
07 Xterra trailer wire kit Forums > > 07 Xterra trailer wire kit 07 Xterra trailer wire kit
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Dustin242

Default 07 Xterra trailer wire kit

I just bought an 07 xterra w/o the factory towing pkg. I have located the pugs on the frame rail, driver side, rear. What I can't find is one clear cut kit to finish it out. I have seen the kit with two plugs and the relays for under the kick plate. I have also seen the T connecter ones with no relays. What i don't is wich one to use. Why are there 2 plugs on the frame rail. All i need is for trailer lights to function properly. No trailer brakes. Any help would be appriciated.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:20 PM
2015 Rogue

You need to get the nissan accessory kit. It is the only one that has the subharness for the relays. It is available in a 4 pin or a seven pin connector. I usually sell the seven pin because it attaches nicely to the hitch then you just use a 7 to 4 adapter to connect a 4 pin trailer. The 2 connectors on the frame are (lights on 1 and power and ground on the other)
Without the subharness and relays you will not get any running lights.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
JIMBOWBY

:)Yo Dustin, I bought the Nissan 7-pin trailer kit, that goes from 7-pin plug thru BOTH conns. at the rear Drivers side (just forward axle) and the relays and padding to install behind the forward, passenger side, kick panel--

--Comes with relatively easy to understand instructions and like mpe235 says, you can get the 7/4 pin adapter, but you HAVE to install the Nissan 7-pin harness kit--works great--

--I pull a 6-pin trailer, just had to make sure the wiring is correct--

----JIMBO
Old 04-04-2008, 03:37 PM
ChrisSullivan

Anybody have info on how to install the harness for the trailer brakes? All that came in the package was the harness itself.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:54 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSullivan View Post
Anybody have info on how to install the harness for the trailer brakes? All that came in the package was the harness itself.
just match the colors to the brake controller
Old 04-12-2008, 06:44 PM

2007 Xterra S 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSullivan View Post

I installed a brake controller this week. The wire colors on the controller did NOT match up with the wire colors on the Nissan harness. The Nissan harness had a label on it, describing the function of each wire. I had some help from this forum on interpreting those abbreviations, matched them by function to the wires on my controller (black Nissan ground to white controller ground, for example) and the controller seems to be working fine.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:37 PM
jbarcia

Do you guys know the part number for the 7 pin wire harness and the 4 pin wire harness.
Thanks.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
JIMBOWBY

Sorry jbarcia, I haven't
checked this forum for a while, but the PT# for the 7-pin harness assy is

999T8 KR000

:music_band: Good luck--JIMBO
Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 AM
kimberwhip

what harness part number will I need for a 05 Xterra without the tow package? do I just plug in the relay subharness? is there any other wires I need to run>? anyone have any pics?

oh yea all I need is the standard 4 pin
Old 08-08-2015, 01:47 PM
2006 Xterra

Default no trailer brakes 2006 xterra

Have purchased harness and installed, everything works except brakes. All lights are fine. I have even switched the 12v wire and the blue trailer brake wire and brakes engage, But wired normal when I step on brake pad no voltage to trailer brake pin. Any ideas? Thanks

Tags
kit, trailer, wire, xterra