Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
!Xterra Overdrive! Forums > > !Xterra Overdrive! !Xterra Overdrive!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 02-27-2008, 05:25 AM
Xterra2121

Exclamation !Xterra Overdrive!

:(HELP! I have an 02 xterra not shifting into overdrive. When I first start the car my check engine light is on, the O/D (overdrive) light flashes about 3 times, then when i shift into gear and drive off in first gear all seems well then it shifts hard into 2nd gear and from then on will not shift into overdrive. So going 40MPH is riding at 3.5 RPMS obviosuly higher than normal. And say when traveling at 40MPH if i let off the gas the suv seems to go into nuetral. Got any ideas? THANK YOU!

i read in another forum that a gentleman had the same exact issue he ran the code and it came back shift solenoid A and knock sensor.. The guy said he had this replaced and after 20 miles he had the same issue. so maybe that helps someone help me with my problem...I appreciate any help