Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Xterra cranks wont start Forums > > 2002 Xterra cranks wont start 2002 Xterra cranks wont start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 05:04 PM
2002 Xterra
1996 300ZX

Default 2002 Xterra cranks wont start

My 2002 Xterra 2.4l manual transmission won't start. I am trying to determine if it is the distributor or the ECM/ECU before I buy either part. Is there a way to do this? I have already replaced the plugs, dist cap, and rotor button due to a misfire and no power under a load. It ran for awhile, then it broke down and would not start back. I got it towed and it had no spark. I replaced the ignition coil pack and it started and ran rough but now its back to no start. I do not have a spark from any cylinder so I am trying to determine which way to go next without buying both parts since I have limited funds.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

NICO Club's site will give you access to a free, online, factory service manual for your vehicle. You'll want to click on the "ec.pdf" which is the Engine Control section of the FSM. On page EC-128, there is a "Symptom Matrix" you can use. It will help you get to the right section you need, which will give you step-by-step diagnostics to help you pinpoint your problem.

Nissan Factory Service Manuals

Tags
cranks, start, xterra