Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
I cant find the bank 1 crankshaft sensor on Nissan 2001 Xterra Forums > > I cant find the bank 1 crankshaft sensor on Nissan 2001 Xterra I cant find the bank 1 crankshaft sensor on Nissan 2001 Xterra
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 05:16 PM
2001 Xterra
2001 Xterra

Question I cant find the bank 1 crankshaft sensor on Nissan 2001 Xterra

Ive been looking for a long time online and I cant find any diagrams that show the 2001 Model. I could only find older versions. If someone could show me where the Bank 1 crankshaft sensor is on a 2001 Xterra that would be great. Thank you
Old 04-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If it's a VG33E engine, the crankshaft position sensor is located on the top of the transmission bellhousing, a little towards the driver's side. It'll have a small, metal shield over it (if it wasn't removed and discarded by someone else in the past) and is held in with a 10MM head bolt. You can see it if you remove the driver's side wheel and look through the gap between the body sheet metal and the frame. To replace it, you need to access it from the bottom (it is much easier with the vehicle on a lift), reaching from the driver's side of the transmission and, if it's 4WD, past the front driveshaft (you'll have more room if you remove the shaft), up to the sensor at the top of the bellhousing.

Tags
bank, crankshaft, find, nissan, sensor