Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
oil switch Forums > > oil switch oil switch
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 PM
2005 Xterra

Default oil switch

I noticed my oil indicator light does not come on when I switch on my ignition, so changed the oil switch. It still doesn't come on but the oil pressure gauge needle goes to H as soon as you turn on ignition and remains there even after starting the Xterra. Pls is the switch faulty or what is really wrong.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:55 PM
2005 Xterra

Why is nobody trying to profer help to my oil switch problem
Old 05-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I know in the 2005-06 Pathfinders, which are pretty similar to the Xterras in many regards, there is an oil pressure sensor and a "real" oil pressure gauge. In 2007, they used an oil pressure switch and the gauge is actually a "dummy" gauge; the needle is either at zero or at halfway on the gauge. The early style had three wires to the oil pressure sensor and the later style had two wires to the oil pressure switch. When the oil pressure sensor fails on the earlier type, the typical result is that the needle goes to the "high" end of the gauge. There have been a lot of problems with the aftermarket oil pressure sensors, so, it's best to go with the genuine Nissan oil pressure sensor. If you also have an oil light and it's not working (after you get your gauge situation straightened out), it's possible that the bulb is bad. I know these use an integrated meter type instrument cluster, but there may be still some replaceable bulbs from the back of the cluster. If there aren't, it would have LED's and you may have to send out the cluster to have it fixed.

Tags
oil, switch