Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Xterra airbag light flashing. Forums > > 2007 Xterra airbag light flashing. 2007 Xterra airbag light flashing.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 01-06-2014, 06:39 AM
2007 Xterra
2007 Xterra

Question 2007 Xterra airbag light flashing.

I'm hoping one of the Tech's can help me with this. I have tried (and was successful a few times) resetting the flashing airbag light on the dash, but it eventually keeps flashing again.

I did the self diagnostic (putting the ignition switch to ON.. wait 5 seconds and repeat 3 times to get the code), and it seems to come up as a 2 - 4 (1 flash, followed by another - same speed - followed by 4 quick flashes, so I'm assuming it's a 2-4 fault)

I have done some research and found that this could have been the fuse, which I checked and it looked fine - I did not replace it - also found that this could be a bad module or that the harness circuit is open somewhere.

I'd just like to know, where would I be looking for an open harness? Under the seats? Some other forum topics have some of the problems solved by checking the wiring under the seats could have come lose?

My second question would be, if I can't find it, what am I looking at in repairing this ? I'm in Toronto Canada, so any help on what a service guide gives on labour and what approximately parts would cost would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 PM
2015 Rogue

The most common failure on that model is the front crash zone sensor. Has the recall been done yet?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 AM
2007 Xterra
2007 Xterra

Yes, it was supposedly done in 2009 when I got my recall notice and brought it into the dealership. If i'm not mistaken, and you would know better, wasn't that recall due to that sensor malfunctioning due to road salt?

I know I had it done, because I just looked through my service records, whether they did anything is another story. I had a problem before with this dealership before.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:29 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbusy View Post
Yes, it was supposedly done in 2009 when I got my recall notice and brought it into the dealership. If i'm not mistaken, and you would know better, wasn't that recall due to that sensor malfunctioning due to road salt?

I know I had it done, because I just looked through my service records, whether they did anything is another story. I had a problem before with this dealership before.
It was for corrosion due to road salt. It wouldn't surprise me to see the replacement sensor with the same issue.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:07 AM
2007 Xterra
2007 Xterra

Thanks a lot mpe235, I thought the same thing. It came on just after the ice storm we had here in Toronto, where they overloaded the streets with salt and brine to cover the streets that looked like skating rinks.

Would the replacement sensor still be covered by the recall, if it was corroded due to the salt? Or am I on my own with this one
Old 01-08-2014, 04:21 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbusy View Post
Thanks a lot mpe235, I thought the same thing. It came on just after the ice storm we had here in Toronto, where they overloaded the streets with salt and brine to cover the streets that looked like skating rinks.

Would the replacement sensor still be covered by the recall, if it was corroded due to the salt? Or am I on my own with this one
It usually wouldn't be covered but if you find that is the problem it wouldn't hurt to call Nissan consumer affairs to see if they would take care of it.

Tags
2007, airbag, flashing, light, xterra