Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
knock sensor service engine soon P0328 Forums > > knock sensor service engine soon P0328 knock sensor service engine soon P0328
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 03-30-2013, 07:53 AM
2002 Pathfinder

Exclamation Nissan vg33 engine 6 cylinder 3970cc NOCK SENSOR removal and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
It is located below the intake manifold on the firewall side. Not many sensors in that side so look for something that look like in the pic. You need a 10mm socket and a wrench.
Hi all.
My name is Erwin Ketel.
I live in Nairobi - Kenya
I own 2 different Nissan Elgrands High Way Stars.
Nissan Elgrand Year 2000 with the VG33E engine
Nissan Elgrand Year 2002 with the VQ35E engine.

Both Cars extremely reliable,and powerful but now for the VG33e engine type.
The Knock sensor is indeed located as described above, under the intake manifold and very hard or not able to be reached without dismantling the intake manifold, with all the extra costs involving removal of the manifest.

I had a few issues with my VG33e Engine, backfiring, not starting, running rough, and stop running after short running, so we started timing belt replacement, Spark plugs, and also the Fuel filter and replaced the fuel pump.

Luckily here in Kenya we have cheap labor so the above replacements has not cost me more than around 300 dollar for all the above works on labor and materials.

The engine was still not starting so i had it diagnosed.
Straight the error code P0325 knock sensor-B1 showed up.

So we started looking at the engine to find it, and we found the location on the internet in this forum.

However my technicians where clever and they found a way to reach the knock sensor from lying under the car and reaching up to the top of the engine.

They removed the stabilizer bar from the gearbox, than they removed the mounting of the gearbox, and lifted the engine on the front slightly with a jack, this way it created some small space to reach to the top of the engine.

After 45 minutes of work they had thy had the knock sensor removed.....!!!!

We are now looking in the local market for the replacement sensor and hope that after these works the car will run fine again.

i will let you know if this sorted my problem.
Erwin
Old 03-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

A lot of the guys at the Xterra forums have had success in relocating the knock sensor to one of the rear intake manifold bolts and using a Maxima subharness and knock sensor. Rather than remove the intake manifold, they cut the wires from the EGI harness going to the knock sensor and splice in the Maxima subharness. Note that these are "shielded" wires, so you will need to splice these wires correctly! Make sure you disconnect the negative battery cable before doing this. If you do a little Google searching or Club Xterra's site, you should be able to find the procedure. As far as supercharged versus non-supercharged, it is actually easier to replace the knock sensor (if you are not doing the relocation method) on the supercharged model. Labor time is 3.0 hr. for the supercharged engine versus 4.2 hr. for the non-supercharged VG33E.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:17 PM
2004 Xterra
2004 xterra

Default Performed the relocation mode for the knock sensor.

Ok, I performed the relocation mod for the knock sensor. before I was getting both codes High voltage and low voltage on the knock sensor..

Now I get the high voltage p0328..

Any suggestions?

I also replaced the battery recently, tested the voltage and have 13.8 volts (sometimes 14.01 - 13.5)..

I do not see any grounding straps, BUT there is a wire from the battery negative directly to the engine, seems to be fine there...

Tags
engine, knock, p0328, sensor, service