Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
aftermarket power locks (and windows) Forums > > aftermarket power locks (and windows) aftermarket power locks (and windows)
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 12-30-2011, 05:49 PM
ohtar2000

Default aftermarket power locks (and windows)

I saw a post from almost 4 years ago with a similar question, but no answer. I hope someone has some insight.
We just got a 2004 Xterra, no power package (manual windows and locks), but the price was too good to pass up for what we need now. Does anyone know for this year/model, is it possible to get power locks (at least) and/or power windows installed aftermarket? Any information on possibility and the cost to get and have installed.
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Xterra
2006 Altima
2005 Xterra

Any good car stereo shop can do it. I have no idea about the price.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast
2000 Xterra
2000 Xterra

Could go to a junk yard and pick up the lock actuators, door trim, and window motor from a wrecked X or just pick up the entire door. I don't know if your manual lock/window doors would have the wiring harness already there or not.
If you decide to do this DIY conversion post your instructions, others may want to do this.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 AM
2003 Xterra
2003 xterra

I recently purchased a 2003 xterra which has what I believe to be aftermarket door locks. There is no hardware on the doors to work the locks only the key fob. The two front doors lock when you start the car and unlock when you turn the key off. I have not been able to find any information on what kind they are or if they are after market. Anyone have a answer?

Tags
aftermarket, locks, power, windows