Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Xterra AC problems Forums > > 2006 Xterra AC problems 2006 Xterra AC problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 01-20-2016, 10:16 AM
2008 Xterra

Hi, I ran into a similar problem with my 08 Xterra X 2008. The AC blower doesn't turn on at all, no matter what the blower speed setting is. The AC light on the dashboard turns on when the speed setting is at 1,2 and 3 and turns off when the speed setting is at 4. I hear a click sound under the hood when the fan speed is turned from 4 to 3 or from off to 1.

Do you think it is a resistor problem? If this was the resistor problem, i think the fan shld have worked at some speed setting, right? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
Old 01-20-2016, 10:21 AM
2008 Xterra

Hi, I ran into a similar problem with my 08 Xterra X 2008. The AC blower doesn't turn on at all, no matter what the blower speed setting is. The AC light on the dashboard turns on when the speed setting is at 1,2 and 3 and turns off when the speed setting is at 4. I hear a click sound under the hood when the fan speed is turned from 4 to 3 or from off to 1.

Do you think it is a resistor problem? If this was the resistor problem, i think the fan shld have worked at some speed setting, right? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,
Old 01-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Start by inspecting or changing the Blower Motor Relay. If the relay is OK, then you may have to bad blower motor. Usually when the blower motor doesn't work at all or at time, the problem is the blower motor itself.

2006 Xterra AC problems-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
2006 Xterra AC problems-capture-png  
Old 01-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Does it have auto climate control? If so, you probably have a bad fan blower control amp. When the fail, the default to constant "on" and at the highest speed.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:32 AM
2006 Pathfinder
2007 Titan Crew Cab

Now I'm confused on what to actually look for. I know the blower motor and blower relay. Is there a difference in a VBC (variable blower control) and a blower resistor?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:30 AM
2008 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Start by inspecting or changing the Blower Motor Relay. If the relay is OK, then you may have to bad blower motor. Usually when the blower motor doesn't work at all or at time, the problem is the blower motor itself.

Hi NissanTech, thank you for the reply. I checked the motor blower by connecting it to the battery and it works fine. I exchanged a similar relay (Reverse Light Relay) with the Front Blower relay and the reverse light works fine. I can hear a click on the relay for Reverse light when the reverse gear is on (With both old and exchanged relay), but nothing from the relay connected to the Front Blower.

So looks like there is no power supply to the relay. Checked the fuses in the fuse boxes with a multimeter and they are all fine. There are 2 fuses for Front blower and exchanged them with other 15 AMP fuses in same box, but no luck.

Do you think it could be the wiring thats gone bad? I couldn't find the electrical diagram for the Xterra AC system. What do you think could have gone bad?
Old 01-28-2016, 07:42 AM
2008 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanaspatti View Post
My blower motor quit working on Friday. I could tell the compressor was working so I pulled the blower motor today and bench tested it. It fired right up when hooked to 12 volts. I also swapped a couple of relays under the hood but got no results. I don't know what the relays were though as the sticker/diagram was smeared too bad to read. It sounds like the resistor is the culprit. Is it a tough part to get to? I want to do it myself but right. I already have the passenger kickpanel off and the motor/fan out.
Hi Vanaspatti, I have exactly the same problem that u ran into. How did u fix your problem? Replacing the resistor solved your problem?
Old 01-28-2016, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast
2005 Xterra
2006 Altima
2005 Xterra

I replaced the resistor and put it all back together and it still worked intermittently. I returned the resistor and replaced the motor and that worked for the rest of the time I owned the truck. I think the motor worked on the bench because I was holding it sideways. When it was mounted vertically under the dashboard it didn't work so I think it was the brushes just made contact at the right angle.

Tags
2006, problems, xterra