Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Xterra, S/SE Model Aftermarket Audio Options Forums > > 2010 Xterra, S/SE Model Aftermarket Audio Options 2010 Xterra, S/SE Model Aftermarket Audio Options
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 AM
gdtyper1

Default 2010 Xterra, S/SE Model Aftermarket Audio Options

I am the new (and mostly happy) owner of a 2010 Xterra. I love the look, feel and ride of the thing, but I have discovered that I should probably have gone for a more expensive version because the existing stereo does not meet my needs and I had (mistakenly) assumed that the dealer could upgrade it to the Rockford Fosgate system (they can't). So here's my dilemma: I need XM Satellite Radio and an aux (or iPod) port. Nissan can't install the factory Rockford Fosgate system (I presume because it's a FACTORY option and not a DEALER option). My question for this forum is: Does anyone know of or can you recommend a good quality aftermarket in-dash single or multi-CD player, AM/FM/XM stereo with either an aux or iPod port? If you're in my area and can recommend a skilled and honest installer that'd be great too.

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2005 Xterra

i would recomend a sony deck/ sat ready with the ipod option.... best buy on line has one for 119.00 .. then google for SONY XTXM1 and see if you find one in a box with the instructions/wires... that is the easy way to install xm... other wise you need to purchase the terk module and the xm receiver...

for antenna, i upgraded to the terk xm marine antenna (mushroom looking) 59.00 at www.myradiostore.com

your door speakers are stock... when i replaced mine, i was shocked to see 18 watt speakers..... the tweeters on the dash where a good brand name, i left alone..

for the terk marine antenna.. its a 2 piece... i removed the base and was left with a hockey puck looking thing.. i drilled a hole from interior light fixture out to the roof bin. and used some silicone to keep water from getting in....

the signal is 32 db compared to the 7 db on the normal antennas....
Old 03-16-2010, 06:04 PM
hagan

Just purchased a 2010 Xterra S for my wife. Also purchased the navigation housing with the garmin nuvi navigation system. I downloaded the instruction manual, but while I had the stereo apart I was going to install my extra Sirius satellite (portable) receiver as well. I appears that the stock radio doesnt have and aux in. Do I need to "upgrade" the stereo to accomodate these inputs or what.

Tags
2010, aftermarket, audio, model, options, s or se, xterra