Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
4X4 indicator light Forums > > 4X4 indicator light 4X4 indicator light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
voorism

Default 4X4 indicator light

Tonight (11/10/11) when i was parking my Xterra in (2H) the 4X4 indicator light was on, but dim. I shut the car off hoping that would resolve the problem, which i did not. Then i pulled out of my drive way and drove it down my street, I am albe to shift it into 4H and when i do the indicator light is at its normal brightness. I checked to see when i shift into 2H i am in fact in 2H and i am. This is my first 4X4 and I also am trying to learn as much as i can about fixing them on my own, but for now I am a layman. Thanks for the help
Old 11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
1998 Pathfinder
2001 maxima 20th aninvers

there are 2 switches on the side of the transfer case unplug one at a time and when the light goes out replace that switch i believe from my past experience it was the one closest to the trans

Tags
4x4, indicator, light