Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Xterra P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor Trouble Forums > > 2007 Xterra P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor Trouble 2007 Xterra P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor Trouble
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 02-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Fyodorfoe

Default 2007 Xterra P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor Trouble

My Xterra stalled a couple times while driving down the road. Then it began taking several cranks to start. My first attempt to get the problem fixed was at a small repair shop nearby. They pulled up code P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor, replaced the part....did not fix problem. They thought maybe it was a bad part, so they ordered another, put it in....same result. They talked with Nissan Tech Support and found they did not have the "more sophistacated" diagnostic tool which the Nissan dealerships use.

Second attempt at Nissan Dealer:
I informed them about history- failed attempt replacing sensor. They said their diagnostic tool indicated same problem. I advised them that it would most likely not work. They were adamant..replaced sensor....you guessed it, same problem.

Now they decide to dig deeper. They noticed I have an automatic start system which is overdrawing on the crankshaft position sensor signal circuit. They directed me to have the system removed. I did. Now the dealership diagnosis indicated same problem P0335. They again replace the sensor...same result...slow start..stalling.

Now they tell me the ECM is bad.....caused by the automatic start system. $1100 to fix....I need a second oppinion...
Old 09-04-2020, 08:47 PM
2005 Xterra

I know this was over a decade ago, but worth a shot. Did you ever figure out the problem? Im having the same problem with the same multiple sensors replaced and no fix in sight!

Tags
2007, crankshaft, p0335, position, sensor, trouble, xterra