Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Xterra drivers side door won't open when cold Forums > > 2007 Xterra drivers side door won't open when cold 2007 Xterra drivers side door won't open when cold
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Xterra Nissan Xterra Discussion Forum

Old 01-07-2009, 08:51 AM
bjb1178

Default 2007 Xterra drivers side door won't open when cold

I live in Pennsylvania and the other day it got pretty cold. I went to open the drivers side door and the latch wouldn't move. I pulled a little harder and the door opened but then it would not close.. The latch was stuck I'm assuming. After messing with it for a bit I finally got it to close but then I couldn't get out out of the vehicle. The inside door handle would move, but I couldn't open the door. This happens everyday when it's below freezing. I took it back to the dealership that I got the car from 2 weeks ago and they can't find any issues with it. Also took it to a Nissan Dealership today and of course everything worked fine. This morning I had to climb in through the passenger door to get in. This is ridiculous. Has anyone else experienced this issue? My Xterra is still under warranty but they won't fix it without experiencing the issue first.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

No. but some how water is getting into the door/lock assy.The window in the most common place of entry and i would take a close look at this. I to live in the north(Northeast Ohio) and only have to deal with my windows sticking.Try removing the interior door panel and lube all the moving points of the lock assy with white lithum grease.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM
2015 Rogue

They need to replace the door latch. The cables that attach to the outer door handle freeze and then bend when operated. After that you will continually have problems when it is cold due to the added resistance when the cables get cold. The bent part gets stuck sliding back into the cable. This has been a common problem ever since the manufacturers have gone to using cables instead of metal rods. Nissan has redesigned the cables on the earlier titans and also the 2007 sentra for similar issues.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 AM
lax91181

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
They need to replace the door latch. The cables that attach to the outer door handle freeze and then bend when operated. After that you will continually have problems when it is cold due to the added resistance when the cables get cold. The bent part gets stuck sliding back into the cable. This has been a common problem ever since the manufacturers have gone to using cables instead of metal rods. Nissan has redesigned the cables on the earlier titans and also the 2007 sentra for similar issues.
Would this be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 AM
erickat

Default Drivers Door stuck

• I'm having the same problem. With all the recent snow, the door first would not shut - then it shut but would not open. I had to take it to a shop (am there now) and they said maybe water got in & froze & then the cables got stretched trying to open it. It's not safe to drive like that. Not sure what the fix will be - but it seems like a common problem with this car.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax91181 View Post
Would this be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty?
It would be covered for 3 years or 36000 miles.

Tags
2007, cold, door, drivers, open, side, xterra