Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Replacement tires for X-Trail Forums > > > Replacement tires for X-Trail Replacement tires for X-Trail
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 AM
2006 Xtrail

Regarding replacement tires. I found the Michelin Hydroedge to be great on the X-Trail. Only sad thing is that in keeping them around the 29 PSI recommendation, they have suffered from too much wear on the outsides, indicative of under inflation? I suspect this might be because they are a T rated tire so the side wall is probably not as stiff. Anyway lesson is if you want longer life from your tires increase the pressure a bit. This winter I will be running my Toyo Observes at 36lbs. Bit bouncier but brakes and handles better than at the recommended 29psi.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:08 PM

2006 X-Trail SE AWD

It's November 2013 and we've just replaced the tires on my wife's X-Trail for the FOURTH time.

We just installed a set of BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A all-season radials in 235/60R16 size (stock size is 215/65R16). So far I would say that these tires are the best "fit" with the X-Trail. Mother Nature just delivered her first huge dump of snow for the winter season and the tires are biting very nicely, considering they're not winter tires. Ride comfort is excellent and noise is nothing.

The tires we replaced were Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S. Normally I'm a huge fan of Yokohama and have had a few sets on my other rides. But we were hugely disappointed with the Geolandars. While the tread patterns looks like it's going to be excellent in the snow as well as the dry, the truth was these tires did not bite better than anything else we've had. And the treadwear was simply terrible! They lasted a mere 40,000 km and two years, and were down to the wear bars when we replaced them. Pathetic!

Old 12-02-2013, 04:01 PM
2012 Xtrail
2012 Nisson x - trail

Default x-Trail and Bridgstone duelers

I have a 2012 x-trail that came with Bridgstone duelers 215/65/R16 that are practially bald after only 21,000 kilometers.....thats criminal. I see your happy with the 235/60/R16 size tires. Do you know how wide of a tread you can actually go up to, and the hight until it poses a driving problem?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 AM

2006 X-Trail SE AWD

I used the online tire size calculator from 1010 Tires: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

Going from the stock 215/65-16 to 235/60-16 represents a mere 0.36% increase in diameter vs the original tire.

As long as you stay within 3% you should be fine.

###

And you're right: the OEM Bridgestone Duelers are sh!t.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:13 PM
2006 Xtrail

Question Want to beef up to larger tires

I am in Canada and recently purchased a used 2006 Nissan X-Trail. So far I like the little SUV. Tires are still the original I would assume as the truck only had 100,000km (60,000) miles and the vehicle was meticulously maintained. Part of the reason I got it so cheap was the fact that the tires are just about dust. They are original rims as they do say Nissan on them and the door plate and owners manual calls for 225/65/17" tires. I would like to beef it up a little and either go with bigger or taller standing tires. I realize this would knock my speedometer out as well handling may change but it seems this SUV was designed to be more of a "street vehicle" and not really for any of roading but would like to know if anyone here has put larger tires on and what if any issues did you have. I have tried a lot of the online tire/rim calculators but a lot do not have anything listed for an XTRAIL. The one's that do don't show it having 17" tires and rims. Anyone shed any light on this for me?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:39 AM

2006 X-Trail SE AWD

I kept a PDF of the 2006 X-Trail brochure, and the stock size for your setup was P215/60R17 on 17"x6.5" wheels.

The tires you have on there now, 225/65R17, are 5% different in terms of overall diameter. I'm not sure what kind of tire you'd prefer, but you should get something closer (within 3%) of the original factory size, if possible.

The BFGoodrich Rugged Terrains are still performing very well, and we'll buy them again assuming we keep the vehicle that long. The size is a little off the factory size, but we've experienced no real problems with that.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Tags
replacement, tires, xtrail