Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Is this my Xtrail Heater Fan Resistor? Forums > > > Is this my Xtrail Heater Fan Resistor? Is this my Xtrail Heater Fan Resistor?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 AM
2004 Xtrail

Default Is this my Xtrail Heater Fan Resistor?

Hi everyone,

I have been reading every forum entry I can find regarding Xtrail heater fan resistor problems. I have a classic resistor failure scenario - fan only works on setting 4 - and I wish to replace it. Before I attempt to find a replacement part (I am in NZ) I thought I would make sure I could locate the offending item in the car and remove/replace it.

Firstly, I am not a car-tech person, but the instructions I have read seem simple enough. So, I removed the cover beneath the glovebox and looked up. After a lot of searching (and back-breaking contortions) I found what I think might be the resistor. It is at the back of what I assume is the blower cover (which is white?) and it is set into another piece of bodywork. It has a large plug into it and is secured by two fairly fat screws. I took a photo and have uploaded it in the hope that someone can confirm that I have located the right part! Can anybody help with this?

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Is this my Xtrail Heater Fan Resistor?-dsc_0034-jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 07:45 PM
2007 Xtrail

Hi!
Yes that is the module that controls the fan speeds. I had the same problem with only speed 4 (hi) working.
Remove this item & replace & all will be good!
I found one at a local jap parts place in Sydney for $75.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 PM
2004 Xtrail

Hi chamz5,

thanks for your reply. I swapped the unit out a while back and all is fine now :-)

Tags
fan, heater, resistor, xtrail