Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
heater blower not running on 2002 x trail Forums > > > heater blower not running on 2002 x trail heater blower not running on 2002 x trail
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
mrggt

Default heater blower not running on 2002 x trail

hi i have a 2002 xtrail se+ diesel and the heater/air con blower does not operate have checked filter and motor turns freely fuses are ok the digital unit works ok but no fan
any ideas pleasee, just purchased car and seller said would fix then he told me working ok until i travel 50 miles to pick up and guess what not working.
many thanks
gary
Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 AM
2002 Xtrail

The problem is the Power Module Resistor on the blower unit that has failed you can get them on ebay. The job to replace it takes about 30 mins to do, but before you buy take the old one out and check the part number first because there's a few resistors. It's removed by removing the two cross head screws and just pulls out.

Last edited by TNX1; 08-21-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:21 PM
2006 Xtrail
2006 X-trail 1998cc 2WD

Talking Heater Blower Motor not working

Have a look at

Xtrail 06 blower motor noise

Post #19
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 AM
joannaP

Thanks for the link, it's pretty helpful.:) Anyway, the more a manufacturer wanted their cars to be perfect, some things happen otherwise. Just like what I read in this article here: Fisker recalls 239 Karmas over battery issues
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM
2002 Xtrail

I learnt a hard lesson the hard way on my xtrial deisel 2003 My mechanic said the motor in the fan heater was blown; I didnt really beleive that or thought I could replace a 12v motor, a replacement part was quoted as being £300, consequently I took the whole unit out not knowing where the motor was, I thought I could test it if I removed the whole thing.
The heater blower module is in two parts with the fan in the bottom part it is held together with clips which are vitualy non return so seperating them is impossible unless you take the whole thing out There is no need to remove the unit, the fan electric supply is on the front of the bottom part, unclip the power supply and apply a 12 volt supply,obviously if the fan is seized it wont run. Then you will need to take the whole thing out. What is likely to be at fault is a diode in the heater element which is at the back underside of the unit held in with two philips screws. There is a bloke on e bay UK who will test and repair this for you for £40 if you are electronically proficient I hear you can buy a diode from Maplins for pennies. The heater element is wired in series with the fan so if the diode is gone obviously the fan wont run.
I am assuming that the diode blowing was instrumental in blowing the fuse for the heater blower unit as it was not untill I'd had the whole thing to bits had the diode repaired and struggled for about three days on my knees through the passenger door and refitted the thing and found it didnt work that I thought to check the fuses.
Lesson number 1: do not trust your mechanic to have checked the fuses, the fuse was blown and the spare had not been used, I convince myself that the diode had in fact blown but it might just have been the fuse.
Should you make the terrible mistake of removing the unit there will be a sense of forboding that having got it out you will never be able to put it back, this is the truth. I managed to get it back in in two parts by niping the location lugs on the bottom of the unit to assist in the allignment of the two parts, screws will hold the unit together.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 AM
2002 Xtrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNX1 View Post
The problem is the Power Module Resistor on the blower unit that has failed you can get them on ebay. The job to replace it takes about 30 mins to do, but before you buy take the old one out and check the part number first because there's a few resistors. It's removed by removing the two cross head screws and just pulls out.

Hi I had the same problem, in that one day the fan was working and the next it wasn't.
After reading some posts decided to have a look.
I just started taking out connectors and cleaning them.
The last one that I did had got filled with dirt and was a little loose.
Simply cleaning and jiggling it around fixed the problem and hopefully won't happen again.
Def worth a try before doing any thing too drastic.

Tags
2002, blower, heater, running, trail