Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 X-Trail rear disc brakes Forums > > > 2005 X-Trail rear disc brakes 2005 X-Trail rear disc brakes
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 AM
zone3ADK

Default 2005 X-Trail rear disc brakes

I have a downloaded service manual for a 2005 X-Trail, but the treatment on rear brakes is for drum brakes & I have disc brakes.

Where can I get instructions for rear discs? I have never done rear discs & know 2 people that have fouled it up when they tried. Also, living out of US now & simple things can be a struggle.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 AM
2002 Xtrail

The parking brake is controlled by the rear rotor disc drum with cable and shoes and the pads work with the front and rear rotor discs through hydraulic brake fluid. The rear rotor disc is also drum combined.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 AM
2005 Xtrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNX1 View Post
The parking brake is controlled by the rear rotor disc drum with cable and shoes and the pads work with the front and rear rotor discs through hydraulic brake fluid. The rear rotor disc is also drum combined.
Are you saying: The parking brake is controlled by a cable that connects to the rear disc. The rear disc's shoes and pads also work on the front discs.

Can you please explain: the rear rotor disc is also a drum? I thought disc brakes and drums were mutually exclusive?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2020, 06:55 AM
2006 Xtrail
206 X Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closer888 View Post
Are you saying: The parking brake is controlled by a cable that connects to the rear disc. The rear disc's shoes and pads also work on the front discs.

Can you please explain: the rear rotor disc is also a drum? I thought disc brakes and drums were mutually exclusive?

Thanks
I know this is an old thread but someone may need the info... both the front and rear brakes are disc...however the rear disk rotors have a built in drum/shoes for just the parking/emercency brake which operates via a cable.

Tags
2005, brakes, disc, rear, xtrail