Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Fuel level on X-Trail Forums > > > Fuel level on X-Trail Fuel level on X-Trail
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 AM
Jup0001

Default Fuel level on X-Trail

Hi,
I have a problem with my '04 Xtrail 2.2 dCi - the fuel level gauge not working properly. I have almost 1/2 tank but the gauge shows Empty.
I've read on this forum about the same problem (with the fuel level sensor unit) for Xterra's or Pathfinder, but did anybody with Xtrail had this malfunction?

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Robert T.

I have a 2007 Xtrail with only 72647 kilometers (45140 miles0 on it. Same problem. Gas guage reads only 3/4 full when actually full. Cannot depend on this guage, could stall out and cause a terrible crash. Another poster on this forum wrote the following.

"Nissan is recalling certain model year 2006 and model year 2008 Frontier, Xterra and Pathfinder vehicles. The molded fuel tank shells can deform, causing the fuel sender float arm to contact an embossment molded into the tank shell causing the instrument panel fuel gauge to show that the vehicle has approximately one quarter tank when the fuel tank is empty. This could cause the vehicle to run out of gas and stall in traffic, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the fuel level sending unit inside the fuel tank with a new one that has a modified float arm. This service will be performed free of charge. The safety recall began on March 22, 2010. 10V-075".

The warranties on these particular models were extended only for the fuel guage problems. Nissan will not have anymore of my business if they do not replace my guage problem, this will be the last Nissan I will buy. . . . . and to think I was looking at a Nissan Titan truck.

Can't convince me that only the "2006 and model year 2008 Frontier, Xterra and Pathfinder vehicles" have this same problem. Mine was bought in Mexico and was a direct import from Japan. Can't tell me they aren't all using the same gas guages and sending units.

I am also going to contact Nissan as I do not believe the consumer should have to front this repair bill, when it is obviously a system wide, model wide and Nissan wide problem.

Robert T.

Last edited by Robert T.; 01-07-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Tags
fuel, level, xtrail