Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Xtrail 06 blower motor noise Forums > > > Xtrail 06 blower motor noise Xtrail 06 blower motor noise
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:00 PM
2002 Xtrail
2002 x-trail

I manage to take it down. I will order the bearings NSK. My problem is that I need to change the carbon brushes aswell but I dont know what type of brushes I need. Any help will be highly apreciated. Chears.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:12 AM
2006 Xtrail

Near as I know there are no carbon brushes to replace as Nissan went with expensive brushless motors for these units. Odds are even if your fan has completely seized, replacing the bushings with the new bearings should bring her back to life. The bearing fix works. Its been over 6 months since I changed mine and works fine now and did all winter including -30 temps in Ottawa.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 PM
2006 Xtrail

Hi There, I just took mine apart and there are brass bushings, and not bearings in mine. Did you replace those bushings with the bearings or did you actually have bearings to start with? I'm thinking that if I just replace the old spacers, clean and lubricate, then is should be fine as the brass bushings seem perfect. Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 02:25 PM
2006 Xtrail

Yes you replace the two brass bushings at either end with the sealed bearings. Did mine last October has worked like a charm ever since
Old 06-18-2015, 07:06 AM
2005 Xtrail

Default Brushes worn out

There are definitely brushes in my 2005 XTrail's blower motor, which has died.

The removal, for me, went easier by unbolting and unplugging the main computer, to give me room to pull the fan housing to the right and out. I was a bit wary of this, thinking I might need a reset at the dealership — but once I plugged the computer back in, it worked just fine.

My blower motor's problem is the brushes are worn down to little nibs. The best car electronics shop in town can give me oversized brushes that I can file down… but I sure would like originals. That's a hard search — and Nissan wants to sell me the entire housing, for about $450 Cdn.

I'm planning on ordering a new motor from California off eBay for $80. Nissan should be supplying the motors separately; there's nothing wrong with the rest of the unit. Fit for Nissan x Trail T30 2001 2007 Blower Motor LHD O E Quality | eBay

BTW: getting the motor out of the housing is pretty easy, with a bit of lubrication and use of gravity. Tap the sturdiest part of the housing against a firm surface and the motor slips out easily.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:03 AM
2006 Xtrail

Thanks for listing this item, and like the others on this site, this has inspired me to fix the blower motor. Rather than getting a grinding sound, I get a far more pleasant hum instead.

I do have a question though which worries me, so it wasn't a complete success and I'm hoping someone out there can tell me that this is an easy fix

I replaced the motor, put all the dash components back, plugged all the cables in the appropriate socket, but now, when I start the xtrail, the 4wd, srs, abs light come on and don't turn off.

I've tried the following;
* unplugged the battery
* ECB reset, although I'm not sure this worked, and there is no confirmation that I see indicating that this worked. ( I used the 3 second pause, pump accelerator pedal 5 times, wait 7 seconds, engine management light flashed after a accelerator depression of 10 seconds )

As anyone experienced this, I think I've cocked up somewhere and may have caused myself alot of extra expense

In the words of Princess Lea, ' help me xtrail-be-1-keno-be, your my only hope'
Old 07-19-2015, 01:06 PM
2006 Xtrail

For the last posting, u started digging around again tonight and found that I hadn't fully fitted the top cable going into the ecb - Douh
Old 07-22-2015, 06:06 AM
2005 Xtrail

Default The screw on the left

I recall that screw (10mm head with a Phillips screwdriver option?) and imagining that it would be hard to access. If you take off all of the "easy" dashboard covers — and I do mean the easy ones, you will have access. I think I used a finger-length extender on my small ratchet.

Regarding the little twin wires that run across the front of the housing: I left them intact.

When I got my fan motor out, I discovered that my main problem was the brushes were shot. Hard to believe the guys above replaced the bearings and didn't check the brushes. I've got to think they also were about done.

Problem: where to get brushes? Nissan won't even sell just the motor. I couldn't easily locate any brushes, then I found a new motor on eBay. $80 USD, with free shipping to a nearby state-side shipper/receiver.

The bearing ends have a different look than the original… I guess the after-market guys have made some workarounds.

After a week of use, it's running just fine. If it lasts 200Km, that will be about right.

Not a job I want to repeat any time soon — but doable for the patient person with time on their hands. If I did it again, I think I'd use 3-4 different coloured paint pens and mark each screw/bolt and where it came from… a separate colour for each type of screw.

Update Aug 8: My eBay Chinese motor is still working great.

Last edited by barstewart; 08-08-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Confirming the fix still works
Old 09-29-2015, 02:45 PM
2006 Xtrail

Hey sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm going to have to attempt this soon. Can someone who has done this give me an exact parts list? I don't want to take it apart only to realize I need something else. I will need 2 of the NSK-698ZZ bearings or just the one? What size washers and how many?
Old 12-02-2015, 09:19 AM

2006 Murano

I just got a quote from the dealer for $740 CDN. And it's only a few months after you got yours. Holy cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barstewart View Post
There are definitely brushes in my 2005 XTrail's blower motor, which has died.

The removal, for me, went easier by unbolting and unplugging the main computer, to give me room to pull the fan housing to the right and out. I was a bit wary of this, thinking I might need a reset at the dealership — but once I plugged the computer back in, it worked just fine.

My blower motor's problem is the brushes are worn down to little nibs. The best car electronics shop in town can give me oversized brushes that I can file down… but I sure would like originals. That's a hard search — and Nissan wants to sell me the entire housing, for about $450 Cdn.

I'm planning on ordering a new motor from California off eBay for $80. Nissan should be supplying the motors separately; there's nothing wrong with the rest of the unit. Fit for Nissan x Trail T30 2001 2007 Blower Motor LHD O E Quality | eBay

BTW: getting the motor out of the housing is pretty easy, with a bit of lubrication and use of gravity. Tap the sturdiest part of the housing against a firm surface and the motor slips out easily.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:59 PM
2006 Xtrail
2006 X-Trail (Bona Vista)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattC48 View Post
Hey sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm going to have to attempt this soon. Can someone who has done this give me an exact parts list? I don't want to take it apart only to realize I need something else. I will need 2 of the NSK-698ZZ bearings or just the one? What size washers and how many?
It's a tad late for a reply, but yes you need 2 of the 698ZZ bearings (one for top and one for bottom) plus a handful (5 or 6) of 8mm flat washers...

Edit June 24 2016...
Well, have since discovered there are some differences between motors... Brushes on those with 1 to 4 speed controls, electronic (no brushes) on those with continuous climate control speeds. Sorry it took so long to discover...

Last edited by enb54; 06-24-2016 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Motor Differences
Old 09-07-2016, 03:00 PM
2006 Xtrail

OOOPS!!! Sept 07 2016...
Well, I just had to take the motor out and guess what? It has brushes!!!
Looking at the circuit of the motor controller, looks like the DC voltage is varied continuously (AUTO setting) instead of using a resistor pack as in the 0-1-2-3-4 speed version, that's the only difference. Sorry for any confusion on my part...
Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 AM
2005 Xtrail

Is there anyone in the Edmonton, Alberta area who can help a disabled couple to fix the blower motor and resistor in a left hand 2.5 2005 Nissan X-Trail with manual climate control? You guys all sound so experienced and we cannot afford the dealership/mechanic option.

Thanks if you can help.

I drove with my windows open in the winter to keep the windows from fogging up but it was miserably freezing as you can well imagine.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:19 PM
2006 Xtrail

Hi there, am no longer in Edmonton but you can get a replacement motor from China by googling
"AP02 Left-hand Drive 12V Blower Motor fit for Nissan X-Trail T30", I got mine via Aliexpress and it takes about a month to get here, payed with credit card. The reason I bought a replacement motor was that the brushes wore out on the old one and it was just easier... The resistor should be easier to get. Hope this helps a bit, am unable to travel for health reasons...

Tags
blower, motor, noise, xtrail