Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Pathy '03 Tire pressure Forums > > Pathy '03 Tire pressure Pathy '03 Tire pressure
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Wheels and Tires Wheels and tires related questions and comments for all models

Old 06-16-2012, 04:33 AM
2003 Pathfinder

Default Pathy '03 Tire pressure

I don't know who in Nissan had the wonderful idea of putting the tire pressures on a separate piece of paper to the handbook but something mean should happen to them!! By the time a car is 9 years old the piece of paper is long gone.

Anyway, I have 245/70R16 tires on an '03 pathfinder. Can anybody recommend a good pressure for normal road driving?

Thanks
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

32 psi. if you don't mind some rough ride but want improve gas mileage, you can go up to 36 psi. From experience the range to avoid low tire pressure warning light to come ON is around 30-36 psi. Don't forget that you have to check the pressure when the tires a re cold.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

There should be a placard on the driver's door jamb. Anyway, the factory tire recommendation for a 2002 through 2004 Pathfinder is 30PSI cold. Originally, the 96 through 2001 Pathfinder factory tire recommendation was 26PSI cold, but Nissan raised it to 30PSI, mostly due to the lawsuits Firestone was involved in during the Ford Explorer tire fiasco. If you inflate the tires too much, the front end tends to "bounce" and causes the tires to develope a "choppy" tread. If it were mine and could do so without the TPMS system activating, I would run them at 26PSI cold like the engineers recommended. This may not be best for gas mileage, but will be best for tire wear; I wouldn't go higher, personally, than 30PSI cold. Keep in mind that tire pressure can increase up to 4PSI while driving due to heat expansion.

Tags
pathy, pressure, tire