Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2014 Nissan Versa AC Problems Forums > > 2014 Nissan Versa AC Problems 2014 Nissan Versa AC Problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 09-15-2019, 03:34 PM
2014 Versa Note

Default 2014 Nissan Versa AC Problems

Problem: AC stopped working completely one day, the air temperature never drops below ambient.

Car: 2014 Nissan Versa Note (Hatchback), S plus Trim (Base model + CVT Transmission)
VIN: 3N1CE2CP3EL396716

Troubleshooting: I immediately noticed that the compressor clutch isn’t engaging. The AC switch itself is lighting up. I checked to see if the AC compressor is getting 12V when the AC system is on, it’s not. To rule out a bad compressor/clutch, I ran 12V to it directly, and I could see the clutch engaging.

I checked all fuses for continuity and they are good, including the fusible links. I went to look for the AC Relay thinking it’s the issue.

The relay is not in either on the two fuse box locations on the car. Some diagrams online indicate that it’s under the driver side dash, however when I crawl down there, I don’t see it. I called a dealer and asked their parts department about it, and they couldn’t find an AC Relay part for my VIN.

A redditor suggested that its integrated in the IPDM module, I bought two separate units off of ebay (from different sellers) identical to this one (284B7 1HR0C | NISSAN OEM FUSE RELAY PANEL BOX | eBay), unfortunately it didn’t work.
There have been no check engine lights or codes.

Questions:
1. I still think its an AC relay problem, but I’m not sure where else to look at
2. Not sure what the next thing to diagnose is?

Any other help/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-29-2019, 08:00 AM
2014 Versa Note
2018 Murano

The a/c relay as such is part of the IPDM on his year and model.

If you have the proper gauges, you may want to look at the pressure switches in the system. Once you verify that the pressure is correct (you may want to force compressor operation) then I would tackle the pressure switches. Also a lot of the JDM vehicles are built with an orfice tube although I could not find any reference to one in part's listings. If pressures are not correct, then you may have a leak which could either be o-ring related, loose connection or a puncture (normally the condenser). Good luck.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:10 AM
2019 GTR

You also need to do some rv plumbing check valve regularly to make sure it works fine.

URL: rv plumbing check valve

Tags
nissan, problems, versa