Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Versa CVT woes Forums > > Versa CVT woes Versa CVT woes
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 05-18-2018, 08:10 AM
2015 Versa Note

Default Versa CVT woes

bought a '15 versa a couple of weeks ago. Took it to Nissan to have transmission status checked, as I had no service history.
Lots of metal on the magnet, transmission seemed to "hunt"a lot. It couldn't decide where to be. Nissan wants to sell me a new transmission.

Took it back to the Dodge dealership where I bought it. Because the trans doesn't throw any codes for either dealership, the selling dealer ship will do nothing to help me.
Car ran better with new fluid, but today,while driving up the mountain pass on the way to work, the car slowed and eventually quit. It restarted but was very jerky. it would run, then slow, run then slow. Max Speed I could get was 25 mph. Got it turned around and limped it home. Didn't think it was going to make it. Parked at home, let sit for a couple minutes and then test drove it. It would get up to speed down the block, but still jerky. I think the cvt is indeed dieing. Any thoughts, insight or help?
Thanks

Addendum; The selling dealership came and got the car. They experienced much of what I did when they drove to their shop. The car is presently with Nissan and, ostensibly, will have a new trans installed.

Last edited by FriPIlot; 05-22-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:12 PM
2015 Versa Note

Default Fixed. sort of

Nissan on behalf of the dealership I bought the car from has replaced the CVT with a
"re-engineered" unit. So far, it's working OK. Time will well. I wonder how often I should have the fluid and filter changed?

Tags
cvt, versa, woes