Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
High mileage concerns Forums > > High mileage concerns High mileage concerns
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM
2007 Versa
2007 Versa

Default High mileage concerns

My Daughter and husband own a 2007 Versa. The car has over 120000 miles, but has had regular oil change and maintenance.
My son-in-law is concerned the engine needs a valve adjustment. I have down loaded the service manual and everything indicates unless their is an obvious performance issue or the engine has had a valve job or chain replacement it is not necessary.

As all young families, they are limited in funds and must spend their money wisely. A valve adjustment is not a walk through the park and you may as well as replace the timing chain as well. But since no obvious issues are apparent can anybody shed some light on this subject.

Secondly, they are convinced the rack and pinion is in need of replacement. Again no leaks, just a slight noise when the wheel is turned to the max left or right. I can see doing the rack and pinion, but you might as well replace ball joints/A arms.

BTW, the struts have been just replaced and were definitely due. Improved the ride tremendously.

Again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tim
Old 08-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I have seen Versas with over 300K miles without any problems. The Versa comes with valve lifter and no adjustment it's necessary. If there is an excessive noise from the valve are, you may need to replace the valve lifters, but that problem is not common at all.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:45 AM
2007 Versa
1998 Quest

Default 07 Versa w/ 179k miles

Other than the annoying climate control issues w the buttons not working, I have put brakes on mine & no other issues. I am loving it. I am having to replace headlights too frequently. I have been using Sylvania reg. and ultra.. no getting it done. Going to try OEM this time. I love my car though it has been paid off for a few years and no major issues.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:46 AM
2007 Versa
1998 Quest

My Versa has 179k and no real issues to speak of. Other than tires & breaks needing replaced. I haven't even replace plugs/wires yet. I am loving it.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrdavenport View Post
My Versa has 179k and no real issues to speak of. Other than tires & breaks needing replaced. I haven't even replace plugs/wires yet. I am loving it.
Versas ddon't have spark plugs wires; they have individual coil packs. But the spark plugs should have been replaced at 105,000 miles.

Tags
concerns, high, mileage