Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Acceleration problems after stopping Forums > > Acceleration problems after stopping Acceleration problems after stopping
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
2007 Versa

Default Acceleration problems after stopping

For a few months now, on and off randomly, my 2007 Nissan Versa will not accelerate for like 8 seconds after I've stopped at a light or stop sign or other. Took it to Nissan Service Department a few weeks ago when it was doing it and there were no diagnostic codes - but, they convinced me that it was probably because I hadn't done the 60,000 mile fluids flush. So I did that $400. Well guess what! It continued to have acceleration problems the following weekend. Then it went away. Now it is doing it again. It is so sporadic though, not sure what is wrong. I searched the service bulletins and recalls - nothing. Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Versa

I have seen other people having problems with the CVT transmission when the brake pedal switch acts up and does not reset. If the transmission senses the brake pedal is depressed it blocks acceleration. Try lifting the brake pedal up and see if that helps. One quick check is to see if your brake lights work instantly as you operate the brake pedal on and off.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 48200 miles
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 AM
2009 Versa

Hopefully, they changed your fuel filter along with the fluid flush. If they didn't, that would be my first and least expensive move. I would also keep track of where and when I fill up the tank. If a station has water in their storage tank, it will find its way into your tank when you fuel up and give you the intermittent problems you speak of. Francesco also gave you some helpful ideas to check out. Good luck
Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM
2007 Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
I have seen other people having problems with the CVT transmission when the brake pedal switch acts up and does not reset. If the transmission senses the brake pedal is depressed it blocks acceleration. Try lifting the brake pedal up and see if that helps. One quick check is to see if your brake lights work instantly as you operate the brake pedal on and off.

Frank 2009 Versa S sedan MT-6 with 48200 miles
Thanks for the info. I tried that this morning but did not seem to help. Brake pedal had no where to go when lifting up. Haven't been able yet to have someone check my brake lights.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM
2007 Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpernell View Post
Hopefully, they changed your fuel filter along with the fluid flush. If they didn't, that would be my first and least expensive move. I would also keep track of where and when I fill up the tank. If a station has water in their storage tank, it will find its way into your tank when you fuel up and give you the intermittent problems you speak of. Francesco also gave you some helpful ideas to check out. Good luck

Thanks for the info. I don't think they did change that - but I will see. My husband may have done it already. I do need to check on the cheap gas though - that has happened with other cars before! Costco and Raley's gas is mainly where I go.

Tags
acceleration, problems, stopping