Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Versa a/c compressor problems Forums > > Versa a/c compressor problems Versa a/c compressor problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM

2008 Versa SL Hatchback

Default Versa a/c compressor problems

I have a 2008 Versa hatchback which I purchased new in February of 2008. It now has just over 100k miles. A/C worked fine that first summer, but the compressor has been replaced EVERY summer since, including this summer, 2013. (I should say that is has been replaced under warranty, then replaced by Nissan outside of warranty last summer and this summer. Cost would have been $1400 to me each time.) I've been told each time that the compressor develops too much pressure and blows out internal seals. I've asked this year (diagnostics/repairs are still underway) that we look a little harder for what's causing the problem rather than simply replacing the compressor and calling it good. The service manager told me that the electric cooling fan is switching on and off properly, but that it's not "in sync." I've asked him what it's supposed to be "in sync" with, and whether it has a mechanical or electrical/computer connection with the a/c system. He could not tell me what it's supposed to be "in sync" with, and he said it does not have a connection with the a/c system. I asked him what the electric cooling fan (which, again, seems to be working fine) has to do with the compressor developing high Freon pressures, and he was not able to answer me to my satisfaction. I will press this when I go to the dealership in person, but I'm wondering if anyone here has 1) had a similar experience with a/c system, or 2) can help explain what the service manger was trying to tell me.