Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Trunk release button stopped working Forums > > Trunk release button stopped working Trunk release button stopped working
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM
2007 Versa
2007 Versa

Question Trunk release button stopped working

Hi, all... I went out to my 2007 Nissan Versa yesterday morning to load some stuff in the trunk and the button didn't work. I then unlocked the car and tried again. No dice. Still won't open. I then used the key in the trunk lock and opened the trunk lid.

some things I've checked: 1) Valet switch - doesn't exist as best I can tell. 2) electrical cable - unplugged and replugged. All I did was turn the trunk light on and off. 3) Checked fuses. There is a fuse under the hood for the remote door locks, but as best I can tell it is not equipped with sockets and is not used. Nonetheless I put a 10A fuse in there, just for giggles. Didn't help. 4) Googled. No luck.

So, here I am. Since the trunk release works fine with the key, that leads me to wonder if there isn't a miscommunication between the remote door latch system and the trunk, as the trunk won't open if the doors are locked. Or, possibly the electrical portion of the trunk release is FUBARed.

Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot it? Any suggestions where to look? I'd rather not have to pay the dealer if I can avoid it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
1997 Maxima

Is this button you speak of on the remote or in the car? If it is in the car, the remote door lock fuse will not affect your problem, the fuse you should check is actually inside the car, driver's side to the left of and under the steering wheel. There should be a fuse diagram there that will help you find which one is designated to the unlock button. I would give this a try even if it is a remote unlock problem. It would be worth a try to check google images for some more detailed fuse diagrams if you are having troubles. Hope this helps

Last edited by JamesE; 12-03-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 AM
2007 Versa
2007 Versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesE View Post
Is this button you speak of on the remote or in the car? If it is in the car, the remote door lock fuse will not affect your problem, the fuse you should check is actually inside the car, driver's side to the left of and under the steering wheel. There should be a fuse diagram there that will help you find which one is designated to the unlock button. I would give this a try even if it is a remote unlock problem. It would be worth a try to check google images for some more detailed fuse diagrams if you are having troubles. Hope this helps
Well, I've looked at that fuse area before, but I'll look again. This button is physically located on the trunk lid, in the indention where the license plate is located. It's at the top of the indention in the trunk.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 AM
1997 Maxima

understood, I do believe that if its a fuse problem it will be in the fuse panel by your steering wheel.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:20 AM
2007 Versa

Hihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tags
button, release, stopped, trunk, working