Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
CVT, P1574 code and running in limp mode Forums > > CVT, P1574 code and running in limp mode CVT, P1574 code and running in limp mode
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Versa Nissan Versa Discussion Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 PM
2007 Versa

Default CVT, P1574 code and running in limp mode

It started when the cruise control and speedometer stopped working but then they would start again after restarting the car. This happened off and on for a while and then the CVT started acting up, going in and out of limp mode.

I attached a small code reader, though the check engine light was not on, and it threw a P1574 code which says the speed sensor isn't sending or the transmission control module is faulty or the combination meter is faulty. I thought it was most likely the speed sensor so we took it to a mechanic who hooked it up to a more advanced code reader and pulled 6 or 7 additional codes. Unfortunately I don't know what they are. He and I both thought it was most likely the speed sensor so he called the Nissan dealership to get the part and was told on this year and model the speed sensor couldn't be replaced, but that the entire transmission had to be replaced.

My mechanic disagrees. He says there is no evidence the transmission has gone bad (burned oil or sediment in the oil, etc), besides, when he erased the codes, the car would run fine until the bad codes were sent again.

When I start the car and push on the gas it revs just fine, but when I put it in gear, it immediately goes into limp mode and even when I put it back into park or neutral and push the gas pedal, it still won't rev unless I turn off the engine and start it again.

Any thoughts? Am I in for a new transmission or is there an easier fix? HELP!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

You should talk to Nissan Customer Service and discuss what dealer told you about the speed sensor that is non-serviceable that require a new transmission. Ask them if the extended warranty on CVT transmissions applies to your vehicle.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:05 PM
2007 Versa

Default robinhanblin

my verssa did same thing i change the tran fluid and filter the filter was stopped up now runs fine like a new one 175000 miles on it the fliter i clean with brake parts cleaner

Tags
code, cvt, limp, mode, p1574, running