Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Bad bearing Forums > > Bad bearing Bad bearing
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 05-22-2021, 08:15 AM
2005 Titan Crew Cab

Default Bad bearing

I have an 05 Titan off road. I get a bad bearing sound at about 20mph, seems to be coming from the front-ish of the truck. It doesn't change turning either direction. It gets worse when decelerating and then I get a vibration or "shimmy", kind of like gears not meshing well if you know what I mean. I jack both front wheels off the ground at the same time. No noises, no play whatsoever, cv axles look good and are tight. I took the front driveshaft out so I could turn the front diff at the shaft, no play or weird noises. Everything seems fine turning the input shaft at the transfer case and tail shaft of the tranny.
I even went as far as replacing my elocker with a TrueTrac upgrade and a new passenger side axle so everything in the rearend is new except for the drivers side axle and ring and pinion gears. The old one didn't actually look that bad. The backlash was .24 so there was a little wear. I figured the spider gears were trashed but the e locker is closed so I really didn't investigate. Got it all back together, rearend is great. The bad bearing and vibration at deceleration still exist however, no change. Am I missing something? Please don't ask me about tires or alignment, It's a bearing, unmistakably. (That seems to be a really popular reply in a lot of the forums in response to bearing noises, no offense).

Tags
bad, bearing