Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Brake controller in 10 pro4x Forums > > Brake controller in 10 pro4x Brake controller in 10 pro4x
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 AM
1998 Frontier King Cab

Default Brake controller in 10 pro4x

I'm trying to install a brake controller in a 2010 Titan pro4x. It's an aftermarket controller, and I'm trying to attach to the factory tow package wiring under the dash. The controller output is blue, and I can't find a solid answer as to which one that goes to in the factory harness. At the back, there is a7 pin plug already installed, and a blue wire attached for brakes. It looks like factory wiring possibly, going to the plug. It's not my truck, and we don't know history. Going by gauge, there is a larger gauge wire in the harness at the front, Brown with white tracer. The other three wires were the power and ground, and red with a grey tracer for brake input. Confirmed by checking the wires at the brake switch. There's also the red with blue tracer as illumination but that isn't used.
I'd love a fsm on it, but I can't find one yet.
Does anyone have any input on this wiring?
Old 04-07-2019, 10:20 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Try Nico Club's site; they have free, factory service manuals for Nissans. I'm not sure about the Titans, but my R51 Pathfinders were all plug and play. I got a Tekonsha P3 controller with a harness that was made with a factory-type connector that plugged right into the white trailer brake connector under the driver's side of the dash and I had to get a trailer relay from Nissan and plug it in. The 7-pin trailer plug was from Nissan and it simply "T" into the vehicle's main harness on the frame rail on the left-rear side of the truck. Mounted the controller and that was it.

Last edited by smj999smj; 04-07-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Tags
brake, controller, pro4x