Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Titan problems Forums > > Nissan Titan problems Nissan Titan problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 07-26-2018, 10:04 AM
2006 Titan King Cab

Default Nissan Titan problems

I was driving my truck a 2006 Nissan Titan and got on the gas when I pulled out on the hey. I heard a pop sound and the engine quit. I pulled to the side of the road and shut it down. I tried to start it back and got nothing but silence. No starter no noise at all. The power to the electrical stuff seemed to be going on and off. I towed it home, and now the power comes on but the starter still does nothing. I feel like I either thrown a rod or something else major. My father in law thinks the timing chain may have broke. I’m on a budget and I need to try and get an idea of what is wrong. There is no oil leaking or anything such as that. Can the timing chain break? How can I tell if it’s a broken timing chain or thrown rod without taking the entire motor apart? I rebuilt a motor in high schyso I’m not afraid to get a book and spend a few days in the shop with it. I just kinda wondering how to find out more now?

Tags
nissan, problems, titan