Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
factory radio back to stock Forums > > factory radio back to stock factory radio back to stock
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 03-07-2018, 05:34 PM
2006 Titan Crew Cab

Default factory radio back to stock

I have a 2006 Titan, trying to reinstall the stock stereo (bought it with a broken aftermarket, don't want another after market)

I checked with Nissan, they said it came with the RockfordFosgate8 speaker system (no nav), so I ordered a 6CD head unit and the dash controls.

Now all I get is the clocknothing actually happens, any ideas?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Now all I get is the clock nothing actually happens, any ideas?
Did they cut any wires when the aftermarket was installed?

You could start by checking all the fuses. Here are the fuses the factory radio uses

factory radio back to stock-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
Old 03-08-2018, 03:50 PM
2006 Titan Crew Cab

yep, the fuses are good, checked with a meter, not just an eye ball. It did have 3 wires on the connector to the control panel.This was for a module to connect the the steering wheel controls to the after market. I repaired re soldered and insulated those back together.

Still just a clock. I held the scan and rotated the volume to get into the self test mode: 03 CODE 00 was all it replies.

this is with 2 different head units and control panels (all parts -should- be good)

I also tried disconnecting the battery, and connecting the + and - to reset everything, the head unit does have some initial motor whirring sounds when it 1st receives power
Old 03-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Next step is to check if you get power to the radio. See attached image.

Also, did you connect the AV Controller (The part with the switches in front of the radio) to the radio?

factory radio back to stock-2-png
Attached Thumbnails
factory radio back to stock-capture-png   factory radio back to stock-2-png  
Old 03-09-2018, 04:32 PM
2006 Titan Crew Cab

Sorry for the delay. Yes the acc gives 12v volt the truck is on, and 12V constant is always on. This connector was providing those signals to the after market adapter.

The control panel I have had connected when i turned it on, this is the part that only has the clock, but it does light up and has some functions. it connects to another branch of the wiring hardness, not to the radio its self. I only have 2 connectors (and the antenna) that will fit in my head unit, the other 3 are vacant.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:23 AM
2006 Titan Crew Cab

well, disregard. I've figured it out. theThe rest of the connectors were tucked back in the dash, pretty far back, so i didn't even notice they were there. I figured the unpopulated ports were for options like the dvd, and nav system, that my truck didn't have, but this stereo -needs- all 5 connectors hooked up. Thanks for the help.

Tags
back, factory, radio, stock