Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Abbreviations on stereo circuit board connectors Forums > > Abbreviations on stereo circuit board connectors Abbreviations on stereo circuit board connectors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 09:31 PM

Default Abbreviations on stereo circuit board connectors

I've been trying to find pinouts for the various wiring harnesses that were plugged into the back of my 2004 Titan's Visteon 6-CD head unit. The basic two plugs were easy and mostly match up to the various Nissan stereo wiring harnesses you can buy. The other three were more challenging. Eventually, I disassembled the head unit and took a look on the circuit boards themselves. I now have a complete listing of what each pin of the three non-basic connectors show on the boards. But, I have no idea what some of the abbreviations used might mean. They are, not necessarily in order...

On the main circuit board:

FES.R+ and FES.R-
FES.L+ and FES.L-
SHELD (not SHIELD) appears twice on that connector
HP.R.OUT+ and HP.R.OUT-
HP.L.OUT+ and HP.L.OUT-
REM.Enable and REM.GND
REM.A, REM.B, REM.C, REM.D

On the daughter board:

N.C
RX and TX
REQ
R IN- and R IN+
L IN- and L IN+

AUX GND
AUX R and AUX L
EJ and LOAD
NVI GND
NAV IN+ and NAV IN-
TX and RX (again)
TEL GND and TEL ON
TEL IN+ and TEL IN-

AUX is obviously Auxilliary input-related
NVI and NAV are probably related to the Navigation system (GPS)
EJ is probably Eject a disc and LOAD is probably Load a disc

The impetus for digging out the information is the install of a Henhaoro Android head unit and utilizing the existing steering wheel controls. I'm guessing the REM pins are related to that, but how to connect them to either the Key1 or Key2 wires in the Henhauro harness is a mystery.

The daughter board has a ribbon connector to the main circuit board, but it's beyond my skillset to trace which of those pins go to which of the connectors that tie into the Titan's wiring harnesses. I haven't mapped the pins to wire colors yet (that's a project for later this week), although I'm not sure whether they'd be useful to anyone with a different year or model.

If anyone can shine some light on what those non-obvious (to an untrained mind) abbreviations mean, I would greatly appreciate your brightness.

Last edited by Midwesterner; 09-13-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: formatting went bye-bye

Tags
abbreviations, board, circuit, connectors, stereo