Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
titan electrical issue Forums > > titan electrical issue titan electrical issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 04-13-2010, 08:56 AM
tycliff

Default titan electrical issue

I have a 04 Titan and have been trying to fix electrical problem for 3 years. If I leave truck sitting for a few days battery dies, now intermittantly all the dash warning lights come on. There has to be some kind of draw somewhere. Took it to Nissan, they had it for a few days charged me $600 for diagnose and said they couldn't find anything. Took it to another mechanic said it was the battery, repaced it and the lights came on again after a few days. Please help.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Need more info on your incident. Are there any codes coming on. The warning lights that are coming on what are they? Do you have any aftermarket accessories. What happened 3 years ago when this happened. Was a remote starter installed. Performed a parasitic draw test and see how much draw you have.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 PM
tycliff

I got a aftermarket auto start installed at Ziebart but the issue started before that. The lights which are on are VDC off/slip/abs and brake. Just today the battery light is flashing intermittantly and the volts meter is ready 10. now I need a new alternator.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Check the wiring harness that runs near the exhaust for damage.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:53 PM
tycliff

I replaced the alternator and everything seems to be running ok except for the warning lights on the dash.Does anyone know what the following lights on indicate. The lights which are on are VDC off/slip/abs and brake.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Possible wheel speed sensor.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
red baron2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycliff View Post
I replaced the alternator and everything seems to be running ok except for the warning lights on the dash.Does anyone know what the following lights on indicate. The lights which are on are VDC off/slip/abs and brake.
I feel your pain, dealer said it was my abs control valve. I replaced it. now I have speedometer working but no abs, slip or vdc but those lights ore on. What now?

Tags
electrical, issue, titan