Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 titan won't start Forums > > 2005 titan won't start 2005 titan won't start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 06-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Any trouble codes stored in the ECM? If not, are you getting spark to the plugs? If not, it could be a cam position or crank position sensor; they can sometimes fail but not trigger codes. If you are getting spark, check the condition of the plugs and check compression and make sure it's within specs. If you have spark and compression, then try spraying carb cleaner into the engine and start it. If it runs for a little bit on the carb cleaner, then it would suggest a fuel delivery issue. COnfirm proper fuel pressure. Since you say you are smelling fuel, I would lean towards a lack of spark or low compression issue.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:51 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dtitan63 View Post
i am looking for someone to help me out. i have a 05 nissan titan that has 257,000 miles on it so i decided to rebuild the engine because it was smoking and bottom end was noisey. i finished it up and could only get it to start then it stalled out. as i continued to try to start it i get a very strong fuel smell. after a couple of hours i gave up on it for the day. the next morning i went out to my truck, same thing all over again. it has been to a local nissan dealer in my city and after 600.00 they tell me they thought it had jumped time. so i let them take the front of the engine apart at the sum of another 400.00 and they discovered that the timing is dead on. then at that point i told them to stop on it and i had it towed out of there. sense then i have had it towed to two different reputable shops, now 12 weeks later as it sits in my shop i come up no further ahead then i was when i started this project. all i have done is spend a ton of money and i still cant start it. can anyone help me please?
There is a ground wire that connects to the driver's side of the timing cover. Make sure that is connected.

Tags
2005, start, titan