Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Air Filter cover clamps broke Forums > > Air Filter cover clamps broke Air Filter cover clamps broke
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Titan Nissan Titan Discussion Forum

Old 01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
americanskiff

Default Air Filter cover clamps broke

Hey again,
I put a new air filter in and the little metal thumb clamps that hold the air filter cover on broke. Just the part that sticks up to allow you to remove them. The cover is clamped down, just the part you out you thumb on broke off.
I looked at a couple Titans at work that came in for body work and they too have at least one broken. One even had both broken just like mine.
I would guess these clamps break regularly. Can I just get the clamps or do you have to buy the complete air filter cover?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:15 PM
2015 Rogue

Usually they break as a result of installing aftermarket air filters. Fram especially. For some reason the top portion is thicker and does not allow the cover to close all the way. The clip is available part # 16598-7S000
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 AM
americanskiff

I did install a Napa filter. Ill install a Nissan from now on. Thanks for the part number.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:56 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanskiff View Post
I did install a Napa filter. Ill install a Nissan from now on. Thanks for the part number.
The nissan filter are priced fairly reasonable. I think the titan one is around $15.00. They also are oiled to keep out the really fine dust particles. This will help keep your airflow meter clean. Most of the aftermarket filters are not oiled and we see alot of problems with the airflow meters after prolonged use of them. A lot of people think the K & N filters are better but most of them over oil them or never clean them at all. Too much oil on the K & N will cause the excess to get sucked through the filter and deposit on the heated wire in the air flow meter and cause it to fail. Just some friendly advise.

Air flow meter for a Titan $300.00
Old 03-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Bama334

I have a Maxima and a Titan and I seem to always struggle to get the air filter cover back on (Nissan Filters)and slid in the 3 hold down points. Afraid of breaking the plastic clips, I remove the clamp and air hose, went right in, no problem. From now on I'll take the hose off when checking my air filters.

Tags
air, broke, clamps, cover, filter