Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Sentra 1.8S hard to start Forums > > 2006 Sentra 1.8S hard to start 2006 Sentra 1.8S hard to start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 07-04-2008, 07:30 AM
jcw

Default 2006 Sentra 1.8S hard to start

Hi, I'm new here. I just bought this car a few months ago from a Nissan dealer. I see there is a TSB for this problem (fuel pump problem). If that's the problem I intend to ask them to repair it for free, but I don't want to get stuck with high repair or even diagnostic fees from the dealer if that's not the problem. Any suggestions as to how I can narrow it down? BTW, I'm not a do-it-yourselfer, although I know a few people with basic skills. Thanks..
Old 07-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Is you Sentra still under warranty? If it is you don't have to pay for the diagnosis. If it is out of the warranty you have to pay to perform TSB.

Can you describe more your problem? when is hard to start, mornings, cold warm?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:06 AM
jcw

It's under powertrain warranty, but not under the 3 year warranty (over 36,000 miles). I know they aren't required to fix it because of the TSB, but thought they might as this dealership prides themselves on buyer satisfaction. It's been doing it since I bought it and I mentioned it to the salesman, who asked me to bring it in, but of course it didn't do it when I wanted it to. It starts fine when it's cold, and starts fine when its warmed up as long as it doesn't sit very long. If I drive for a while and then it sits for a while (an hour or more?) it sometimes takes 2, sometimes 3 times cranking to start.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

It does sounds like the fuel pump problem, but it may not be cover under warranty. The only way to confirm that is the problem is installing a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system. When the engine is turn OFF the system should hold pressure for the next start.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:47 AM
jcw

Good info-thank you!

Tags
18s, 2006, hard, sentra, start