Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem Forums > > Nissan Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem Nissan Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 PM
alillulu

Default Nissan Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem

I have been having problems with my fuel gauge. I went to fill up the tank, the gauge said half full. I put in less than 2 gallons and the gauge went up 1/8. I travelled 35 miles, the gauge was still at 1/2 full and would not take any more fuel. So my gauge is not working. What am I going to need to have repaired? (hopefully not too much $$$)
Old 03-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Part # 25060y 59.00 appox plus shipping from courtest parts.com
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 AM
alillulu

Default Gas Gauge

Ok, here is the problem in more detail. I went to fill up my tank, the gauge said 1/2 full. i put in less than 2 gallons, and I couldn't pump in any more gas. The gauge went up 1/8. Then I drove 35 miles, went to a different gas station just to make sure it wasn't the nozzle at the gas station, the gauge was down to 1/2 tank again, i put in just over 1 gallon and the gas started spraying out of the tank. So is this the gauge or is there a reason why the tank will not take in gas?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

There is a problem with your sentra's refueling system. Unfortunately you need to do some test to find what is the problem. I have attached a diagram of the system, but you can find more information in the "Engine Control" section of the service manual: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/117

The system description starts in page 627.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sentra Fuel Gauge Problem-figure3-gif  
Old 03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
edwardnigma

For me I have weird issue with my Sentra. Nothing serious but the fuel gauge isn't accurate in the winter. Sometimes the gas light lights up at 1\8th level and sometimes when it reaches the empty level. During warm weather when I fill up the tank, the gauge would go slightly above Full, but in the cold whether when I fill up the gauge reads between full and 3/4. Nothing serious but sometimes irritating.

What irritates me the most is that sometimes when I go put gas in the tank, the pump would only put in maybe half a liter before stopping as if the tank is full. I'd have to move the pump into several different positions in order to be able to refill my car. Why would it do that?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

See message nfrom ALILLULU above
Old 09-18-2008, 04:45 AM
bcuz

Would there be any mechanical reasons for this or is it just electrical.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
ladysabertooth

I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra that has the "Service Engine Soon" light on. Yesterday, I was unable to fill up my fuel tank because the gas spilled out, even though the tank registers 1/4 to 1/2 full. 1.8S HAS HAD ISSUES WHEN REFUELING. 1.8S HAS HAD ISSUES WHEN REFUELING. THE ENGINE MAINTENANCE LIGHT IS ON & DIAGNOSTIC CODE IS 1446 ENGINE DOES NOT START UNTIL AFTER MANY CRANKS MOST OF THE TIMES
WHEN FILL IN THE FUEL TANK
THE GASOLINE START TO OVERFLOW, THEREFORE I HAVE TO GO SLOWLY WHICH TAKES ME
10-15 MINUTES TO FILL IN THE TANK. by the way there many complaint involving
the 04 sentra about this i have filled a complaint with NHTSA this is the
second time i will have to replace this valve on the gas tank because its not
venting properly when you fuel up.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 AM
2006 Sentra

Unhappy Problem with Fuel Gauge Nissan Sentra 2006...

For the past two days, my fuel gauge starting showing less than 1/4 tank of gas when it was almost full, then it went to empty and showed the gas sign and was flashing "DTE" in middle of my console. It temporarily went back to the right reading yesterday for half the day and again, this morning is back on E. I just put $10 of gas in and still shows E. Any idea what I can do to fix this problem? It's very alarming...thanks!

Tags
fuel, gauge, nissan, problem, sentra