Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
04 Sentra Spec-V camshaft sensor SES code Forums > > 04 Sentra Spec-V camshaft sensor SES code 04 Sentra Spec-V camshaft sensor SES code
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
eldiablo575

Default 04 Sentra Spec-V camshaft sensor SES code

Hi all...This is my first post and I will do an introduction in a bit. I have an '04 Sentra SE-R Spec V that just got a new engine in it because of the pre-cat issue that everyone seems to have. About a week after getting the car back, the SES light came on, throwing a P0340 code for the Camshaft Position Sensor. I took it back to the dealership and they told me that I needed to replace the sensor itself. They wanted $300 to do it so I did it myself using the Service/Repair manual that nissan techs use. I replaced it last night and it is still throwing the same code. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? After replacing something like that does the ECM need to be recalibrated or the SES light reset?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Did you clear the code?

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 12-01-2007, 03:54 PM
eldiablo575

I took the negative wire off the battery for about 10 minutes. I was told that that might not be enough time to clear the SES so I am going to take the wire off tonight and let it sit overnight with it off and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I'm going to take it to Auto Zone or somewhere and have them run another diagnostic to see if it's the same code. If it is, then I will have them clear it if possible. If it's the same problem, the code will come up again and then I will know that there is more than just the sensor that needs to be fixed/replaced.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo575 View Post
I took the negative wire off the battery for about 10 minutes. I was told that that might not be enough time to clear the SES so I am going to take the wire off tonight and let it sit overnight with it off and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I'm going to take it to Auto Zone or somewhere and have them run another diagnostic to see if it's the same code. If it is, then I will have them clear it if possible. If it's the same problem, the code will come up again and then I will know that there is more than just the sensor that needs to be fixed/replaced.
AutoZone performs the service free. Let us know if it comes back after it has been cleared.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
eldiablo575

So I let the car sit overnight with the negative cable off of the battery. No check engine light anymore. Hopefully everything is good. If not, the SES light should come back on. I guess sometimes it just needs a little bit more than 10 minutes to reset. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
2005NissanSentra

Exclamation

I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. Manual trans. 6 speed. 2.5 liter engine. It will crank but will not start. I have replaced the Crank Sensor and also tried replacing the battery and neither worked. My father in-law told me it may be the camshaft Sensor. Where is this located and does the part look exactly like the crank sensor?? If this isn't the problem please feel free to let me know what you think the problem is.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Enthusiast
2003 Sentra
2003 Sentra SE-R

It is the same part and located at the right end of the head when looking into the engine bay.

Tags
camshaft, code, sensor, sentra, ses, specv