Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Fuel consumption Forums > > Fuel consumption Fuel consumption
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 11-24-2007, 05:35 AM
Enthusiast

2004 sentra 1.8s

Unhappy Fuel consumption

I have a 2004 1.8 sentra, standard 5 speeds transmission. I drove 478km for 39 liters of regular fuel on highway. It averages 8.2l/100km and i feel it is not as good as i could expect from this car. On the Energuide Canada web site, it says i should get 6.2l/100km on highway driving conditions. The tire pressure is at 35psi, the tune-up as been done lately, i dont drive it like a sport car neither. Is it normal or am i just expecting too much from this car?

How much do you average with yours? If you answer in miles per gallon, please specify if you are from the USA or outside. A us gallon is less volume then an imperial gallon.

Thank you again for your time!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast

2004 sentra 1.8s

I am still expecting some answers from the various Sentra 1.8 owners on this forum. Experience and knowledge sharing is important to keep this forum alive!

Thank you!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:36 AM
ahomyu

It will depend a lot of the speed you're driving,
e.g. with my altima 2.5SL i get about 8.4L/100km running @ 120-130kph, but if I drive slower about 90 kph i can go to 7-7.5 L/100km,

All the reported fuel eficiencies are @ 60mph in US, about 90kph and decreases a lot with the speed.

what is your normal speed?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
pitskalov

I consider your self very lucky because I drive maximum for 350Km with the full tank witch is ridiculous. I definitely have a problem some where. My acceleration is very poor too.
I had a check engine light on and I replaced the evap vent control valve (like Nissan suggested me) it fixed the check engine problem but it did not change the excessive gas consumption.
I went at Nissan dealer and they told me it is not that bad give us some more precise numbers (note exactly how much distance you make with the full tank) and come back see us.
What can be the problem?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:10 AM
pitskalov

Default Where are the coments

Guys please, just write your Sentra 1.8L gas consumption. I want to make some comparison with my own car.
Don’t be shy.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

2004 sentra 1.8s

When you do 350 km with a full tank, how many liters or gallons you put in your tank to fill it up again? Do you make a calculation to obtain an average l/100km? I think this is the best way to get the exact mileage for a vehicle. My sister kept complaining for some time that her 2001 Sentra was a gaz guzzling car but when i asked her how many liters per/100km her car burned she couldn't give me any answer. She just never bother making the simple calculation at the pump when she filled up her car...

Clean air filter, recommended new spark plugs, tire pressure, clean and good grade engine oil, no brakes problem and zen driving are some keys to good gas mileage.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
pitskalov

Thank you for the reply.
My gas consumption improved significantly after I changed my sparks. I made 400km with the full (39L) witch makes me around 10L/100km. But you have to take in consideration that I changed the sparks with already a half of the tank. So normally I am supposed to make 450km (8.7L/100km). I am ok with that.

I changed the air filter, made oil change, and cleaned the fuel injectors without any improvement.

I didn't touch the spark plugs. May be it is a good idea, but I heard it is quite expensive. I also want to pump my tires because my pressure is low: 32, 32, 31, 30.

Tags
consumption, fuel