Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Do I have to a reset/relearn after changing my cam/crankshaft sensors? Forums > > Do I have to a reset/relearn after changing my cam/crankshaft sensors? Do I have to a reset/relearn after changing my cam/crankshaft sensors?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 02-10-2022, 11:31 AM
2005 Sentra
2005 Sentra 1.8S

Default Do I have to a reset/relearn after changing my cam/crankshaft sensors?

Hi all! First post here.

I got a free 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S from a friend with a paltry 99,000 miles on it and it's surprisingly rust free (I live in the rust belt so this is rare to say the least!). I have been trying to get it into good running condition. I did the usual first steps like a proper OEM tuneup (Hitachi coil on plugs, etc.) and it seemed to help it a bit....but the real issue has been it not starting right up when warm, it starts first shot every time when cold.

I looked all over the web for answers and they ranged from the fuel pump return valve to the crankshaft sensor. I started with the sensors (crank and cam) and also did the MAF as well just because. Still have the intermittent starting issue though. Do I need to reset/relearn anything to get this to work right? Or is it just the fuel pump return valve? I do get it to start every time when I just allow the pump to prime itself (turn the ignition switch to "on" and wait a few seconds than start it), but to be honest I really want this fixed if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited by dragon2knight; 02-10-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:31 AM
2006 Sentra

I solved this by replacing the fuel pump on my 2006 1.8L. Amazon has after market unit for around $80.

Tags
cam/crankshaft, changing, reset/relearn, sensors