Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 Sentra P0101 PCV valve Forums > > 2013 Sentra P0101 PCV valve 2013 Sentra P0101 PCV valve
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 02-21-2021, 05:21 AM
2013 Sentra
2009 Frontier

Angry 2013 Sentra P0101 PCV valve

I have a P0101 DTC in my 2013 Sentra SL, I have cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor several times cleared the code and it ultimately comes back sometimes in a day or two sometimes in a week or more. Checked the air filter and filter box, it was shamefully dirty so I replaced the filter and cleaned the filter housing, also I had to zip tie the upper airbox tube because at some point I noticed the clip was missing and I searched to buy a new one to close the air gap from the tube to the filter box. After searching I realized there was no such clip and that the tube end has a molded in clip that must have been broken off, by I presume the dealership where I took it for a recall a few years ago, so I zip tied the tube to the air filter box. Ok that being done I thought I had solved the DTC but it came back a week later. Now after more research I am looking at the PCV valve and see there is a Technical Bulletin (NTB16-027) that suggest to change the PCV valve if it is colored orange. So I shopped for a replacement and all I can find are new orange ones. My question is why is the orange one significant, can I feel good about replacing the old orange with a new orange one? Is there another PCV valve I should be looking for? I have not yet cleaned or inspected the throttle body yet either.

Last edited by sentrajoe; 02-21-2021 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The color represents the new design, you could try searching with the part number: 11810-6N202. There are some for sale on Amazon or at your local Nissan dealer. Due to the age of your Sentra, you should do the throttle body cleaning as well.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:18 AM
2013 Sentra
2009 Frontier

Thank You, I am looking into the throttle body cleaning now. The question I had about the color of the pcv was related to the NTB16-027 service bulletin that says to change the pcv if it is colored orange, but all the ones that fit that vehicle are orange no matter where I shop from. If the new one is also orange would that be ok?

I keep running a scan on the car everytime the DTC comes back and I see there is an out of range IAT temperature in my live datastream also my short term fuel trim B1S2 is at 99.219%

I am preparing to buy anew pcv and grommet , it is orange but that is all i can find that fits this vehicle.
It is driving me nuts.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by sentrajoe; 02-23-2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-03-2021, 10:01 AM
2013 Sentra

Hey I was going through the same issue and I decided to try and see if the local Nissan dealer had the black PCV valve. They did ($24). I just changed mine out yesterday but still waiting for the check engine light to go away. Other than this, I have changed out my filter and cleaned out the maf sensor but light was still on so pcv valve seemed like the next step. I'll update if there's any progress.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:26 PM
2013 Sentra
2009 Frontier

Default pcv black

Thanks for the reachout. I asked my nissan dealer if they had the pcv and they do for $24 and the grommet seal for $4. Waiting for the DTC to show again then I will proceed with the pcv change like you are. I will keep you in the loop.
Can you not clear your existing DTC code with a scan tool?

Tags
p0101, pcv, sentra, valve