Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
need advice on how to remove VTC on 2010 sentra Forums > > need advice on how to remove VTC on 2010 sentra need advice on how to remove VTC on 2010 sentra
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 10-19-2019, 02:09 PM
2010 Sentra

Default need advice on how to remove VTC on 2010 sentra

Hi

Looking for some advise on how to remove the vtc on a 2010 sentra 2.0.

any links on a video would be helpful. Mine is under motor mount and in a tight space. I hope I can get to it if I pull the plastic fender shroud.

Thanks in advance
Jeff
Old 10-21-2019, 10:55 AM
2016 Sentra

does this help ?

YouTube
Old 10-21-2019, 04:45 PM
2010 Sentra

Hi Dean

This doesn't look like the same engine. I have the 2.0. looks like my vvt is at the front of the engine. I pulled the inside splash fender off and there is a circular hole and I am able to see the vvt. I pulled the *mm bolt and the dam thing was seized. I spun the ear and used pin nose pliers to pull and only half of the shit ass thing came out. Tomorrow I need to figure out how to remove the rest. There is no hole so I can't so the screw and wheel puller trick. I'm going to try a stronger pin nose pliers to grasp the 1/4 in lip maybe this will work. Worse case a small hole with a small screw and some shavings in the engine. This just has me really ticked. I hate the fact that the intake plenum is over the engine where you cannot disconnect the coil packs with the engine running. Oh well I will post how I make out tomorrow and thanks for the reply.

Regards
jeff
Old 10-22-2019, 05:46 PM
2010 Sentra

Default Got the VVT solenoid out after is broke

Got the VVT out after is broke in two when I was pulling on it. Pictures attached. I found a bolt that I was able to thread into the short opening and pulled some with the end of a hammer.
Attached Thumbnails
need advice on how to remove VTC on 2010 sentra-img-4903-jpg   need advice on how to remove VTC on 2010 sentra-img-4896-jpg  

Tags
advice, remove, sentra, vtc