Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 Sentra P0300 P0302 and P0011 Forums > > 2010 Sentra P0300 P0302 and P0011 2010 Sentra P0300 P0302 and P0011
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 09-11-2019, 07:25 AM
2010 Sentra

Default 2010 Sentra P0300 P0302 and P0011

Hi

I'm trying like keck to figure out what is going on with my Daughters 2010 Nissan Sentra. It runs terrible like a coil pack is bad. I tested all of the coil packs with a VOhm meter and they appear all good (2.5 to 3.9), My daughters boyfriend replaced coil pack on

cylinder 2 just by guessing by looking at the condition of the plugs when he replaced those.

I starfted to look at the car as well and what I have done is below and after this the car stil has the same symptom. Shame I cannot unplug the coil packs with car running due to plenum in the way. I can only test #4.
During the below work, I put back the new coil pack in cylinder 2.

Any ideas what to check next would be appreciated.

Codes before I looked at it: P0300 and P0011
Codes after I worked on it and cleared the codes fresh: P0300 P0302 P0011

Dad's activities:
Loaned tool from autozone “block tester” to check if exhaust leaking into coolant which would indicate blown head gasket.
Ran out of gas- put 2 gallons in and continued test.
Prognosis negative. Fluid did not turn yellow. However now that I think about it, I should have used the test on the raditor cap and not the spill well.

Pulled all 4 coil packs to check resistance across pins 1 & 2.
Prognosis negative. All 4 coils including the fifth that Bryan brought back are all good reading 2.4 through 3 ohms

When performing process 2., I noticed that the throttle body and intake boot was ladened with engine oil. Continued to research this.

Looked into the spark plug sockets and noticed that cylinder 4 was full with oil. Removed valve cover and noticed that the gasket is broken at the joint of the spark plug cell of number 3 plug.
Prognosis. Went to manesek and ordered a replacement which will be in Monday. Oil in the cylinder will cause a miss fire

Took throttle body to Larry’s garage and cleaned.
Diagnosis. Throttle body was filthy and will cause a rough idle.

Examined PCV valve.
Diagnosis: was gummed up and I suspect this was the cause for oil spilling into throttle body / air intake conduit.
Prognosis: cleaned until operational.

Examined and partially cleaned fuel injectors.
Diagnosis: injectors didn’t seem to be stuck whe. Applied 12 vdc power.
Priced replacements at manesek $100 each and $40 each at rock auto.com
Prognosis. Cleaned with carb cleaner and reinstalled. Did not use injector cleaning tools

Removed and examined cam position sensor
Diagnoses: extremely filthy and clogged on one side
Prognosis: cleaned well with carb cleaner and reinstalled

Cleaned gasket area on block to receive valve cover with new gasket on Monday

Cleaned oil out of spark plug cell 4. Noticed that this spark plug was not tightened to spec and needed two full rotations to meet torque specs. Checked other cylinders and tightened 3 much and 2/1 3/4 turn until torqued
Old 09-15-2019, 04:51 PM
2010 Sentra

Default Update by krajef

I've replaced the fuel rail with all different injectors that my daughter's boyfriend got from a junk yard. No difference. taking the fuel rail back.

While at it, I moved the coil pack 2 (new one) to cylinder 4 when I swapped the fuel rails. The code P0302 (ps) (4 of 4) stays on cylinder 2
Other codes

P0300 pd (1 of 4)

P0300 sd (2 of 4)

P0011 ps (3 of 4)

Tomorrow I'm going to change the PVC valve. still getting a little oil in the throttle body. I'm also going to check the gap on the plugs to make sure these are right.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:25 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Examining a cam sensor is not going to tell you if it's bad or not. A faulty cam position sensor or crank position sensor could cause misfiring and P0011 code. If you don't want to spend the money on replacing them, you should at least measure the resistance and compare to the factory service manual specs. Low or dirty oil can also cause this code, as can a faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid valve or circuit issue (open or shorted). The FSM will have the P0011 diagnostic procedure in the Engine Control section. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a compression test just to make sure there isn't a mechanical issue with the engine.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:41 AM
2010 Sentra

Hi,

I will try a new cam position as I know where this is located. A problem I'm having is I can't find on google where the valve timing solenoid is nor the crank shaft sensor is located. Very little documentation on this 2010 Sentra 2.0 model. There is something on the front of the engine under the motor mount between the cams middle of the engine, hard to see. Probably will need to remove mount and drop engine (It's a 2.0) to remove that part from the engine, whatever it is.

The oil is filthy.

As soon as the engine starts, it runs very rough.

Would you know what that part is under the passenger's side motor mount and where the intake valve timing solenoid might me? I'm willing to continue these efforts.

Thanks
Old 10-26-2019, 04:46 PM
2010 Sentra

Default 2010 Sentra P0300 P0303 and P0011

Today I replaced the VVT and still the same codes. Next steps (A) spray carb cleaner around Cyl 2 to check for vacuum leaks and if that fails (B) pull the shit ass plenum off again, replace coil 2 with a spare I have and check the wiring for decay.

Tags
p0011, p0300, p0302, sentra