Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2008 Sentra SE R several problems Forums > > 2008 Sentra SE R several problems 2008 Sentra SE R several problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 08-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast
2002 Altima Sedan
2000 Altima Sedan
2003 Pathfinder LE

Default 2008 Sentra SE R several problems

We just bought a 2008 Sentra SE R 6 speed stick 2.5 200 hp engine. We got the car for a good price so I knew there were problems. I just ran the codes and there is just one code, the catalytic Converter and no codes pending. So I am happy about that. I hate to have to replace the converter but if it can not be gutted and spacers use on the 02 sensors I will have no choice.

My problem is when the engine is cold that little dickens will fly, but when it gets up to full temps it will bog at 3000 rpm. When I first fire it up, it will peg the tach and the speedometer hands, then go back to normal. It doesn't bother me I just don't want that to be a sign of bigger things to come.

Does anyone know if this 2.5 has the power valves loose screws problem like the automatic trans Altima. And does this 2.5 have the pre-cat problem like the Altimas. I do know it is a different type of converter, this one has two converters built into the pre-cat and 2 upstream 02 sensors. Any information. I have looked online in a lot of places but no luck so far.

2008 Sentra SE R Spec V6 speed stick with Altima 2.5 engine

Tags
problems, sentra