Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S- Engine Revving Up and Down Forums > > 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S- Engine Revving Up and Down 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S- Engine Revving Up and Down
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 04-24-2019, 01:04 PM
2004 Sentra

Default 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S- Engine Revving Up and Down

I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8s, Automatic. ODO 162592. At First I could only get it to start with using Car Starting Fluid and eventually would stall out. So I got a new fuel pump and put that in. It ran fine at first for a few days, then the fuel pump would whine really loud and the engine started Revving up and down between 1500 and 2000 RPM. I immediately thought the fuel pump was faulty due to the the loud high pitch noise. After returning and getting another fuel pump and installing it, the engine is still revving between 1500 and 2000 RPM but the high pitch noise I would hear from the fuel pump has stopped. I checked the codes and got a P1121. Which told me it was the Throttle Body. So I got a whole new Throttle Body Assembly and installed it. I did the pre checks for the Relearn and everything passed. I started the car which was idling fine at first but after a couple of minutes. It began Revving between 1500 and 2000 RPM again. Thinking I still needed to complete the Relearn and have done it 10 times following and completing each step and messed up like 3 times in between but would stop for 5 minutes and retry and complete each step. And everytime the Engine is still revving between 1500 and 2000 RPM. I have checked all the vacuum lines and they seem fine and connected correctly. I sprayed the MAF sensor with some fast drying Electronic Cleaner and Air Filter is brand new. Only thing I can think of is the MAF Sensor is still dirty or need a new one but not sure. No new code yet. Gonna let the car sit and try again in the morning since I got frustrated.Any Advice would be much appreciated.

Tags
1.8s-, engine, nissan, revving, sentra