Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
09 sentra no start Forums > > 09 sentra no start 09 sentra no start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 AM
2009 Sentra
2009 09 sentra

Default 09 sentra no start

I have an 09 Sentra,had been running good. Till I shut car off and when I started it again it would rev up just fine till I put it in gear, when I put it in gear it would stumble with a rough idle and try to quit.so I shut it off and now it won't start.i have a scanner, code reader, it shows p0113.high voltage or something like that. The best I can remember it's been cold and raining and snowing and it's been a few day sense I scanned it. took the map air flow sensor out and cleaned it with map sensor cleaner. From what I have read if the map sensor is causing a rough idle you can unplug it and start it up and if it idles ok then it's not the map sensor. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:12 AM
2009 Sentra
2009 09 sentra

Default 09 sentra

forget to mention, the 09 Sentra I posted about above,has a 2.0l engine, the car was running good then it would rev up just fine till I put it in gear, when I put it in gear in would not rev up very rough idle. And could barely keep it running, put it in park or neutral and it would run just fine for 30 minutes or so of trying to put it in gear, only to gave the same thing. I unplugged the map sensor and it made no difference. I scanned it with a code reader. And only code was p0113.i cleaned the map sensor with map sensor cleaner, it made no difference,the electrical connector looks like new.also replaced the air filter and cleaned battery post ,and ground wires I could see. Made no difference. This is my sons car and his only car. Please any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:38 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris58 View Post
forget to mention, the 09 Sentra I posted about above,has a 2.0l engine, the car was running good then it would rev up just fine till I put it in gear, when I put it in gear in would not rev up very rough idle. And could barely keep it running, put it in park or neutral and it would run just fine for 30 minutes or so of trying to put it in gear, only to gave the same thing. I unplugged the map sensor and it made no difference. I scanned it with a code reader. And only code was p0113.i cleaned the map sensor with map sensor cleaner, it made no difference,the electrical connector looks like new.also replaced the air filter and cleaned battery post ,and ground wires I could see. Made no difference. This is my sons car and his only car. Please any info would be greatly appreciated.
Was the code there before you unplugged the maf sensor?
Check the rubber boot between the airbox and throttle body for cracks or holes.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:46 PM
2009 Sentra
2009 09 sentra

Default no start sentra

yes,it was there before i unplugged the maf,and before i even scanned it my son replaced the rubber boot between air box and throttle.thanks for your reply.
Harris58
Old 01-24-2019, 06:54 PM
2009 Sentra
2009 09 sentra

Default no start snetra

something i forgot to mention,when i started helping him,the positive battery post was lose,,I cleaned it and tightened it the best i could,but he said it had been lose for a good while..
thanks for any help.
Harris58
Old 01-24-2019, 06:59 PM
2009 Sentra
2009 09 sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris58 View Post
yes,it was there before i unplugged the maf,and before i even scanned it my son replaced the rubber boot between air box and throttle.thanks for your reply.
Harris58
and it will not hit on starting fluid.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:11 PM
2009 Sentra
2009 09 sentra

Default no start sentra

no it will not hit on starting fluid.it was running fine till he shut it off,when he started it back up,it would idle good and rev up good in park or neutral.as soon as he put it in drive it would not rev up it would just try to quit.after 30 minutes of putting it in drive and trying to pull out it would try to die.after he shut it off it would not start back up..sorry to take so long to reply to your post.i like to never got logged into the forums,

thanks for your reply
harris58
Old 02-02-2019, 12:20 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Need to start with the basics. Make sure spark is getting to the plugs. Confirm proper fuel pressure. If not getting spark, it could be a bad crank position sensor or cam position sensor. If fuel pressure is too low, could be bad fuel pump, but make sure power is getting to the pump.

Tags
sentra, start