Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Thinking About Taking My Sentra to A Dealership to Celebrate 300,000 Miles Forums > > Thinking About Taking My Sentra to A Dealership to Celebrate 300,000 Miles Thinking About Taking My Sentra to A Dealership to Celebrate 300,000 Miles
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 08-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Sentra

Default Thinking About Taking My Sentra to A Dealership to Celebrate 300,000 Miles

Hey guys, I know this is probably premature, but...

My 2006 Nissan Sentra has been reliable. I mean, really reliable. It is nearing 300,000 miles and it has all the original major equipment under the hood: alternator, starter, fuel pump, power steering pump, engine, transmission, clutch, blah blah, etc etc.

I got the car at 46,000 miles and I haven't even had to replace a belt yet. It's not from lack of trying, it's just that the shops tell me that everything's holding steady.

So, a crazy thought went through my head: Should I entertain taking my car back to a Nissan dealership to celebrate 300,000 trouble-free miles? Or is that not enough miles to get excited about*?

I bet dealerships get tired of people doing this, but it was just a thought.

And, yes, I've been knocking on a piece of wood while posting this.

* I've had a car with even more miles, but it didn't feel the same because I had to replace major components all the time to keep it going. Any car can keep going if you just keep pouring enough money in it.

Last edited by Burnt Waffle; 08-10-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Wow, congratulations!!! 300K miles it's not common.

I'm glad to hear good news for a change, usually, everyone is on forums to find a solution to problems.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Sentra

Thanks, NT!

Although, I'm not quite there yet. I still have 10,000 smiles to go, which is a few months for me, the way I drive.

If I do get there, I've decided that I'll go ahead and contact Nissan. If nothing happens, it's the same as if I hadn't tried anyway.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:36 AM
1997 Sentra
2008 Altima Coupe
1997 Sentra GXE

My 97 Sentra is at 285000. Hoping to get to 300k by January or February. Put 95k on it since June 2015. My issue, rust. Really getting bad now. But congrats on hitting that milestone.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Sentra

Hey Chris. Late reply. because I didn't get an email update, apparently.

I'm on schedule to, hopefully, hit 300,000 miles before Spring.

Who knows, maybe we'll hit it at the same time.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:11 AM
2015 Rogue

300,000 for a modern car is rare. Especially in salt states. I live in Central NY where they use a ton of salt on the roads. I've been a technician for about 20 years and have probably only seen 4 cars with miles close to that. 88 Maxima with 285,000, NV high roof van with 454,000, 2008 Xterra 398,000, Altima hybrid 254,000
Old 01-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Sentra

It's funny that you mentioned the salt states and the issue with rusting. When I bought this Sentra here in North Carolina, it had one previous owner.....from Rhode Island! So, I wasn't used to having so much rust on my car and it took me a while to get used to it, that it was normal and to just enjoy the car as is.

My previous car, a '98 Chevy Cavalier, was a car that never left North Carolina through all its travels. It ended up at 389,000 miles (and still running), with no rust at all. I had to part ways with it after hitting a deer and totaling the vehicle. The high mileage of the Cavalier was less impressive, because it took more repairs and expenses to get there.

The most miles I've personally seen was my mother's '84 Datsun, which she drove to around 460,000 miles without any major repairs. In fact, outside of tires and oil, I don't think she really did much to it at all.

One day she was driving that Datsun (back home in Ohio) and it was really sluggish, to the point where she couldn't keep up with the traffic.

So, Mom takes the car to a shop and they put it up on a lift and the problem turned out to be that the fuel filter was clogged up. The original fuel filter (marked with Japanese writing) was still on the car, after 450,000 miles!

So, that Datsun still kept going some time after that. It might still be going....somewhere...but Mom let it go because she wanted a newer vehicle.

Last edited by Burnt Waffle; 01-08-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Tags
000, 300, celebrate, dealership, miles