Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Sentra 1.8S Cranks but No Start, No Spark Forums > > 2005 Sentra 1.8S Cranks but No Start, No Spark 2005 Sentra 1.8S Cranks but No Start, No Spark
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Sentra Nissan Sentra Discussion Forum

Old 01-31-2018, 09:50 AM
2005 Sentra

Default 2005 Sentra 1.8S Cranks but No Start, No Spark

Need some help here where to go next.
Original owner of 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S. Only major maintenance was replacing the both Camshaft/Crankshaft Sensors in 2012. Replaced entire Fuel Pump in 2017.

Currently I started my Sentra one cold morning in November to shuffle cars in the driveway and I have never been able to start it since.

In October the SES light came on and threw a P0128 code, it has thrown this code a couple of times in the past.

It is currently throwing a P0335 Crankshaft code after I changed the both Crankshaft sensors again thinking this might be the issue. It didn't throw the code before I changed them when the car was starting/not starting.

I checked all the fuses that would be related to ignition and they were all good. I removed the spark plug and tested for spark while attached to ignition coil, which there was no spark. The battery is brand new and cranks strong.

I need some help with next steps. Is it a relay fuse box? Is it the ECM? What voltage should I be looking for and where?

It is hard for me to figure out since it was running strong with no codes, started up one morning, and won't start again.

Fuel pressure is good and there is fuel in the cylinders.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2018, 10:19 AM
2005 Sentra

Case closed.

I went an got an ECM from the pick and pull and that didn't solve the issue either. Since it was still throwing the P0335 code that wasn't there before I had installed the new crankshaft sensor the first time I went to Autozone and bought another brand of Crankshaft sensor. Problem solved.

So I have to give a shout out to Advance Auto Parts for selling me a brand new Intermotor Cam that didn't work and they wouldn't refund my money.

Tags
1.8s, cranks, sentra, spark, start